Writing IELTS Task 2: These days it is much easier for many people to travel to different countries

maiannh 1 / -  
... for tourism than in the past.

Do the advantages of this development outweigh the disadvantages?

In this day and age when almost everything is modern and developed, it is flexible and easy for people to go abroad for tourism. Although the process of going abroad is sometimes more complicated than that in the past, its advantage indeed outweighs the disadvantage.

Firstly, tourism is one of the ways to develop a country's economy. In the past when we all hoped for more and more people to come and visit many beautiful destinations or heritage, but it could hardly be true because of where it is located. It is now an easier thing to achieve because of transportation. Imagine that airplanes don't exist - people in the other part of the world won't be able to visit many great places, to witness magnificent things with their own eyes. For instance, there are not that many people in Asia, or Europe willing to travel to Sydney without helicopters, or planes just to listen to opera; or are there so many people in America or France who would travel to Viet Nam to visit Vinh Ha Long without that comfortable transport?

Despite the advantage, there is indeed disadvantages to mention. People can take advantage of how easy it is to travel to another country, like bringing and selling illegal stuff abroad. More convenience means less access to personal intention, especially when they put their effort into hiding that. But it doesn't mean we can not overcome this by tightening security and raising people's awareness to avoid bad situations.

In conclusion, it is good to have more access to different countries for tourism. Not only it will contribute to the country's economy, but it also helps visitors widen their knowledge.
While I do commend your effort in writing this essay, and you did do a good job in writing it, this is not the kind of essay that would get you the best score in an actual test. You could have used a better writing format to respond to the question. It is important to use a comprehensive, concise, and coherent discussion presentation in the reasoning paragraphs to aid in increasing your score.

Since this is a comparative analysis response essay, it would be better if you discuss the advantages and disadvantages based on exactly that. Use an advantage, then explain its disadvantage in one paragraph. Then, in the next paragraph, take a disadvantage then explain the advantage. That is the response format that best suits, and always gains the highest marks for this type of discussion format.

Home / Writing Feedback / Writing IELTS Task 2: These days it is much easier for many people to travel to different countries