These days youngsters mimic among others their favourite sports personalities.

Harleneisme 1 / -  

Do you believe that professional athletes make good role models for young people?

In this time and age, youngsters are easily influenced by grown-up people's behaviour in many cases. Also, they mimic their favourite singers, actors, and sports personalities are not exceptional. Although sportspeople have rare characteristics that the youngsters need to follow, they should be aware of their effect on youth's life.

On the one hand, there is a group of athletes who have vast popularity but have not got a bit of ethics. Despite their bulk money, they waste the money whimsically instead of doing charity. Moreover, a typical number of them used cheating such as using doping medicine or participating in gambling to achieve the highest prize in the mass competition, which not only humiliates the viewers but also be a poor example for the teenagers.

On the other hand, it is unadmitted that the skilful athletes inspired the youth. The way they appear in front of media, their fashion trends following the way they behave are often imitated by young people. For example, the sporty costumes from well-known footballers have become the global trend that every teenager dreams of having a costume set like Lionel Messi or Ronaldo. Also, the valuable achievements they got encourage the teens who have sport-related talents to engage in sports associations and competitions to be professional sports personalities like them. Therefore, they are indeed to orientate fashion styles and talents to the youths.

To sum up, despite the apparent demerits belong to mimic the skilful athletes, I supposed that these happen in minority cases. In fact, I firmly believe that they create excellent examples for teenagers.
You are being asked to respond to a direct question:

Question: Do you believe professional athletes make good role models for young people?
Expected response: I believe that paid sportspersons are exemplary / unacceptable idols for adolescents. I base my 2 opinions on 2 specific reasons namely....

Your response: Although sportspeople have rare characteristics that the youngsters need to follow, they should be aware of their effect on youth's life.

Your response is a prompt deviation which resulted in an incorrect topic discussion. Hence, this essay will not be able to get a passing score because the topic being discussed is unrelated to the prompt requirements.

Home / Writing Feedback / These days youngsters mimic among others their favourite sports personalities.