IELTS Task 1 - The Demographic Growth in US State of Oregon

adrian21 15 / 17 3  
The line graph gives information about the demographic growth, In thousands, starting from 1940 to 2000 in three kinds of regions in the US state of Oregon. It is noticeable that that while in the whole period displayed a rising number of population in all counties, Washington showed the highest population and similar pattern occurred in the others with Columbia witnessing the lowest figure.

In 1940, the most crowded city was Washington, at 75 thousand, and much fewer people wanted to live in Columbia, only about 25 thousand. 30 years later, population in Washington leveled up dramatically to approximately 128 thousands. Slight improvements were shown in Columbia and Yamhill, spotted at 32 thousand and 45 thousand respectively.

In the end of the period, the sequence had not altered with Washington still breaking a record at 248 thousand. Interestingly, the number of citizens in Columbia and Yamhill went up gradually by virtually the same figure, at roughly 12 thousand.

• Line Graph
hanimps97 3 / 4 1  
Hi Adrian, to my way of thinking your essay had covered overall. perhaps you can make a variation in passive form in your introduction instead of using active form. I try to make the new one from your introduction:

The population growth from 1940 to 2000 in three several counties is presented by line graph. Data is counted in thousands. Overall, the largest number of population changes is experienced by Washington while the same alteration trend of people is showed by Columbia and Yamhill.
nida26 30 / 19 5  
Hi, Adrian. You have a great essay. Let me give suggestion for your essay. Please correct me if I am wrong.

The line graph gives information about the demographic growth...
The line chart illustrates the number of population growth in the selected countries in the state of Oregon from 1940 to 2000, and it is measured in thousands. It is noticeable that that(double "that") while in the whole period displayed ...

In 1940, the most crowded city was Washington, at 75 thousand , and much fewer people wanted to live in Columbia, only about 25 thousand . 30 years laterOver the following 30 years , population in Washington leveled upincreased dramatically to approximately 128 thousands . Slight improvements were shown in Columbia and Yamhill, spotted at 32 thousand and 45 thousand respectively.,

In the end of the period, the sequence had not altered with Washington still breaking a record at 248 thousand . Interestingly, the number of citizens in Columbia and Yamhill went up gradually by virtually the same figure, at roughly 12 thousand .

You have mentioned the measure in introduction, so you do not need mentioned it again in your body paragraph

Thank you

Home / Writing Feedback / IELTS Task 1 - The Demographic Growth in US State of Oregon