IELTS Task 1 - The diagram illustrates changes of Stokeford during the 80-year period

im V 1 / -  

the village of Stokeford in 1930 and 2010

The diagram illustrates changes of Stokeford during the 80-year period.
Overall, the urbanization has taken place significantly in Stokehome, with the infrastructure re-planning and the massive wave of housing.
The main road, running along north-south axis, bisected the village into two parts. In the centre of the village, the removal of farmlands was replaced by the U-shape road, while the expansion of a cluster of houses along the new road. This tendency was undergone along the main road; two secondary roads have been expanded along with the increase of houses along two sides of these roads.

In the eastern, the opposite site of the new U-shape road, there was a land conversion from the garden and large house to the retirement home, with a small new road and a couple of houses connected to the main road. Sandwiched between these residential areas, the post office was remained; across the road, the primary school was spread eastward.

Actually, the image was misidentified as a diagram. It is actually an evolved location map of the area. A diagram is used to indicate a series of instructions or procedures. This image does not do that. Instead, it offers an insight into the changes of a community during the 8- year period. By the way, you cannot just indicate the period covered. Since there were specific references to time frames, those indicative years must be presented to the reader in the correct manner. So 80 years starting from? Ending when?

The report itself is detailed and well explained you should get a good score for this presentation. It could be even better if you try and write at least 175 words next time.
Evelyn Pham 1 / 2  
I think the introduction is quite short and not very specific but the main paragraphs are well-constructed and detailed.
dangngoctung4 4 / 7 1  
There are several minor details in the last paragraph that I would like to contribute to make it more clear.

In the eastern, on the opposite site side of the new U-shape road, there was a land conversion from the garden and large house to the retirement home, with a small new road and a couple of houses connected to the main road. Sandwiched between these residential areas, the post office was remained remain unchanged; across the road, the primary school was spread (in my opinion it is better to use expanded) eastward.
Ann17 2 / 4  
I think you should seperate the overview and the body. Writing task 1 should consists of the introduction, the overview and two bodies. In addition, you should show the details about time.

Home / Writing Feedback / IELTS Task 1 - The diagram illustrates changes of Stokeford during the 80-year period