[WRITING TASK 1] The diagrams below show the site of a school in 2004 & the plan for changes in 2024

laura2024abroad 1 / -  

The diagrams below show the site of a school in 2004 and the plan for changes to the school site in 2024

The maps illustrate some changes to the site of a school over a period of 20 years (2004-2024)
Overall, the school site is expected to experience considerable changes during the period shown. The most noticeable differences between the two maps are the expansion of roads to car parks and the reduction of a sports field.

As can be seen from the maps, the school is likely to witness an increase in the total number of students from 600 students in 2004 to 1000 students in 2024. Therefore, the school site would need more school buildings to create enough rooms for every student. School building 1 will merge with school building 2 and a new school building will be built on the original site of a sports field.

Turning to other school facilities, we can see that a path from the entrance to the sports field will be narrowed by half and lead to school building 3 instead. A new road will be constructed in the middle of the school site and head to a new second car park in the northeastern school site. The sports field will be relocated to the west of the school site next to car park 2 and narrowed significantly.

• 2004

• 2024
20 years

This vocabulary is too simple. You want to use somewhat advanced or intermediate English vocabulary to increase your LR score. You could refer to 20 years as 2 decades instead. One decade is 10 years so 2 decades is equal to 20 years.

As can be seen from the maps,

Do not refer to the image in your essay. Avoid doing this because you will receive deductions in the score. You should simply state what you see in the image. Remember that your reader is not capable of seeing the image at this time. So it is better for your score if you do not refer to the reader to the image.

Therefore, the school site would need more school buildings to create enough rooms for every student.

Seeing as this is a task 1 essay, you should not be making any personal observations regarding the image. You should not come to any conclusions either because this is a straightforward reporting essay. Avoid making such references so that you will not receive deductions in any section of scoring.

Home / Writing Feedback / [WRITING TASK 1] The diagrams below show the site of a school in 2004 & the plan for changes in 2024