It is difficult to imagine a life without music. Traditional or popular, modern music?

nutwararat 1 / -  
There are many different types of music in the world today. Why do we need music? Is the traditional ...

music is the food of a soul

It is often said that music is the food of a soul in our life perform on a way of living. There are many people who cannot live without music. I think that music is like a tasty that no measure can be said the importance of different types of music is.

Some people may still listen to tradition music because there are kinds of music that people listening are of different taste and types. An example, a teenager may like to listen to modern music and elder may listen to tradition music because music is the main way of passing from generation to generation. Therefore, traditional music is a vital part of human culture and part of our life story. Furthermore, traditional music bear the old history and lifestyles and tradition of a country.

These days, no matter what kind of music people listen, because music has been a part of our daily life, and the listeners will decide what music to listen and it greatly depend on upon mood, time, level and age. For instance, Chinses lords paid a musician to play relaxing music, while poor people played living folk music for fun. In fact, people prefer to listen to their favourite list and listening to music that can be a response to their needs.

To conclusion, music is a necessary part of human existence, and both of music are expressing and arouses in a way that words cannot, So it is difficult to imagine a life without music.
yuukinohan4 9 / 24 6  
Hi @nutwararat
i have read a whole of your essay. I am going to give you some suggestions. In your introduction essay, it should be better when you introduce your idea that you want to elucidate in body paragraphs. Turning in to your first body paragraph, it seems like your idea less emphasizing. Before "therefore...." it is not really sharp then to conclude at the end of the paragraph. Also, before you exemplifying your idea, it should be better if you add an additional sentence that support your topic sentence (supporting idea). The same happens in your second body paragraph in which you less elaborate your idea. You also do not decide your position or answer regarding the prompt, why we need music and what type of music is more popular. In your conclusion, you may choose the opening phrase of conclusion such as " to conclude, in conclusion, to sum up, etc." Lastly, it should be better if you explain more and more and dig your idea to elaborate deeply since your essay is almost under length (251 words).

hope it helps you
Nutwarara, the essay that you wrote will earn you a score of 4 because you did not properly discuss the prompt requirements. I am very familiar with the prompt for this IELTS Task 2 topic because of the number of essays that have already been written about it at this forum. The reason that you failed is simple.

For starters, you misrepresented the paraphrasing of the prompt requirements. There is no reference to either the correct topic for discussion nor the method for discussion given in the original instructions. You were being asked to respond to two questions, with examples provided along with your response. The questions are:

1. Do we need music?
2. Is traditional music more important than international music?

Your response tries to respond to the questions but in an underdeveloped manner that shows a lack of understanding of the prompt requirements. a deeper discussion of the traditional music necessity in comparison to international music was warranted in the essay. Due to the extremely short response you wrote, you fell short of properly explaining your stance on the issue. Which resulted in a perception that you did not understand what the instructions of the essay were. Specially in the part that asked if we need music in our lives. Your reasoning was very short and irrelevant to the rest of the discussion. The response to that should have been supportive of the traditional music discussion. In this case, writing more, in reference to your response and evidence presented, should have helped to increase your score.

Home / Writing Feedback / It is difficult to imagine a life without music. Traditional or popular, modern music?