Discipline is an ever increasing problem in modern schools

aviniwirastri [Contributor] 10 / 35 11  
Discipline is an ever increasing problem in modern schools. Some people think that the discipline should be the responsibility of teachers, while others think that this is the role of parents.

Discuss both sides and give your opinion.
ielts task 2

The problem of who should be responsible of students' discipline is now faced by modern schools. Some argue that teachers should be in charge of this situation, while others are in the opposite. Discipline for students describes as a proper behavior including time management, responsibility and also dealing with rules. Actually we cannot just appoint one of both parents and teachers to be responsible with this, but a teamwork - between educators and parents - should be well-established.

Schools, which essentially have a function to guide children not only about the academic skills but also about their attitudes including discipline, should clearly understand their role. Students spend their time a lot in school, which implies that their characters are built in its environment. They go along with their friends, teachers and school circumstances, which sometimes teacher do not realize that they go too far. Some learn how to lie in school because they try to escape from any punishment given by their teachers. Others try to disobey the strict rules which put them on pressure. Those examples can bring pupils to the wrong way, but only few educators carefully recognize this as a problem. understandably, it is impossible for teachers to control each student in school. Moreover modern schools have a great deal of information technologies that can ease students to access everything which is not supposed to be done, such as pornography, gang fights and other worse things. Indirectly, it can also stimulate them to get lack of discipline. More controls and appropriate regulations are needed in order to discipline enforcement.

In keeping students' discipline, parents also play an important past as well. It is important that parents know what their children face and feel as long as they are not at home. Then, parents can decide what should be done to develop their self-discipline. Here the sustainable process of what schools have done continues. For example, parents should remind them to do their homework, Or help them in managing time so they will not be late to come to the school. Correspondingly, the importance of obeying the rules should be taught and applied in home.

In conclusion, school and home are two important places in developing students' self-discipline so that, as has been noted, a well-established teamwork between parents and teachers must be set up. In the light of difficulties in educating children to be discipline, either parents or educators need to make a good communication and be supportive in order to find an appropriate way to implant self-discipline in students' mindset.
covenant1992 4 / 7 1  
It is a very good essay like i dont think there is anything wrong but i would like to contribute. i think you should rather that there should be a balance because if any of the two parties are weaker in terms of discipline the children tend to move towards the party that is less disciplined so both teachers and parents should both be disciplined to ensure that there is no hiding place for the child to draw to he/she just has to embrace discipline. for example some schools might give children 15mins play time which is quite small and then when the child goes home his parents lets him play all day.

Home / Writing Feedback / Discipline is an ever increasing problem in modern schools