Discuss the differences between the way of life in your country now and the way of life in the past

trangnguyen2612 1 / -  
My grammar is not good, give me your comment about my statement below.

How Technology Has Changed Our Lives?

11/2/2018
17 years ago, I was a young little girl. But now, I'm an adult. Time changes everything and my country also become more different than the past.

In the past, my country was a poor country. We didn't have electricity, internet or television. We used the oil lamp to bright at night, cooked by wooden and took water from lakes, streams or usually wells.

The main media communication was the letters, which were used popular like the messenger to inbox to another people. It was fantastic when once I found a lot of romantic letters from my aunt ( she was 20 years old at that time) to her boyfriend. I read it all but I didn't really understand all content in these letters.

Moreover, transportation didn't develop as modern as now. For example, in my village, bicycles were mainly the method of transport for individuals. If we wanted to go far away, trains would help us.

Nowadays, some families still keep the ancient objects in the past such as pots or oil lamps. But they are not to be used anymore. The reason because of electricity. Since the 2000s, we started to live in another life with a bright light inside every home by neon light. We also use gas energy to cook and take water from the wells because of water machines.

Especially, due to the improvement of technology, we have internet. There are very easier to access the internet and connect with a stranger and make them be our friend. Facebook, twitter, skype or whatapps... are the best apps to help me contact in the social network.

It's not so hard if you want to visit another country or any places in the world because of the airplane. Some people, who have the strong income can buy an automobile and motorbike, which are faster and more save time than bicycles.

Although my country develops in a positive way it still can't avoid the harmful that modern life brings. For instance, the environment is more terrible than the past. The children are lazier and more concentrated to online games or lack realistic to the life.

Finally, the differences help us declare that we are in the right ways to take the good things from global and everyone have a well-being life.
PeterBrown 16 / 25 6  
Since you are not confident of your grammars, I will try to help you with that first.

I will list some of these below:

... my country also become more different ... You should use present perfect here, so it should be has become.

Nowadays, some families ... ... be used anymore.

These two sentences can be joined together. Nowadays, some families still keep the ancient objects in the past such as pots or oil lamps, but they are not to be used anymore.

The reason because of electricity
The reasons is?

The children are lazier and more concentrated ...
The word choice does not sound right. substitute concentrated to for interested in

Home / Writing Feedback / Discuss the differences between the way of life in your country now and the way of life in the past