Discuss 2 opposing views on whether the animals should be held in captivity or free in wilderness

marielyne0401 1 / -  

animals in zoos or in the wild?

In this day and age, there are so many animals in threat of extinction that human beings must take a look at their behaviors towards the natural species. Therefore, it is suggested that zoos or other kinds of captivity should be called off properly. Paradoxically, it is also said that should mankind hold the animals in captivity, the benefits of that will apply to both sides.

Regarding the school of thought holding the belief that the animals need to stay in their natural habitats, the most evident advantage of this is to avoid becoming a way of recreation for humans. For example, many endangered species have been captured to be a part of the performance in many circuses around the world. They have to engage in various dangerous actions involving such things like fire or swords, which may lead to death. Moreover, humans today are still capturing rare animals for various industrial purposes, namely making designers or following some unscientific medical recipes.

On the other hand, the opposing debate which believes in the benefits gained from holding animals in captivity has been taken into account. In recent years, the number of natural habitats such as tropical forests or the ocean has been reduced due to global warming and other factors, thereby making many species lose their homes. Therefore, some countermeasures should be taken such as giving them artificial environments which have the same essences as their natural ones. In addition, some animals are way too weak to put up with other predators, let alone the newborn ones. As a result, these species must be held in captivity and receive care by specialists in order to survive.

Overall, as far as I am concerned, there are some certain animals which are endangered and need to be kept in zoos so as not to be extinct. However, others should be in the wilderness, thus developing in their own way and not being in control of human beings.
called off properly

What do you mean by this statement? The reference is not clear. Did you mean zoos should be closed? something got lost, the meaning of the sentence got lost in translation.

some countermeasures should be taken

This will not be considered by the examiner when scoring the essay. It is not part of the discussion requirements. The number of words this discussion used will be deducted from the current word count. If the result is less than 250 words, then word deductions will apply.

as far as I am concerned,

Where did this come from? The original prompt asks for 3 discussion paragraphs, inclusive of your personal opinion. Yet, you did not give a personal opinion in the thesis statement. Neither did you develop this as the required 3rd paragraph discussion. The examiner will not accept this presentation in the concluding summary. The discussion format is partially incorrect due to the erroneous placement of the personal opinion. This will lower the TA score of your presentation and affect the C+C score of your essay.

Home / Writing Feedback / Discuss 2 opposing views on whether the animals should be held in captivity or free in wilderness