Discuss the similarities and differences between office workers and factory workers

cauvongnang 1 / -  

Office vs factory workers

Society have two kinds of worker that are employer and employee. Among employee, office workers and factory workers are much more popular. Both have many similarities, but their differences are more striking.

Office workers have a few common feature with factory worker. First, like office workers, factory workers do their work 8 hours a day. They begin their work at 7 am and end at 5pm ( take a break from 11am to 1 pm). Both of them work overtime when the boss request. if they don't complete their worker in their work time, they will do overtime. Office workers resemble factory workers, both may do repetitive work, office workers do with the computer all day and factory workers work in a production line in a factory or in a section of a warehouse.

However, the differences are even more remarkable. Office workers are people who work by their brain while factory workers are people who work by hand. In fact, office workers do not usually do any physical labor, they are often more concerned with mental activities such as balancing an account, making a sale, or writing a report while factory workers usually stand or are physically active all day. Unlike office workers, factory workers must wear uniforms and safety gear such as gloves or protective eye wear. Office workers do not wear uniforms, they usually wear polite clothes which are suitable for an office. Lastly, office worker have a higher salary than factory workers. Factory workers are the persons who have few skills and a little educations so they aren't payed high salary.

All in all, although there are many differences between office workers and factory workers, they have some similarities points. Office workers or factory workers are people who work and earn money by themselves.
ghazali 4 / 6 2  
"Lastly, office worker have a higher salary than factory workers."
You make missused mistakes. Office worker is singular, while office workers is plural. You should use singular vocabulary if relate to office worker, such as "has".
Phuong, if you are writing this essay for an IELTS Task 2 practice test, then you have done a very good job. Although you tended to go beyond the maximum 5 sentence requirement, the additional sentence did not stray for the original discussion so it actually helped to increase the potential of your essay. The language you used is clear and easily understood. However, you have a problem with the plural version of words so you need to brush up on that aspect of your English writing skills. For example, the word in this instance, since it refers to numerous workers would be "employees" instead of "employee" which is the singular version of the word. Also, the term is "similar points" not "similarities points". Additionally, do not present any information in a parenthesis. You must always include it as a regular sentence. However, in this case, you could have omitted the information in the parenthesis because it does not have a direct relationship with the discussion you are providing. The break time that the employees get is irrelevant in this discussion. In your conclusion, you made a simple error by closing the sentence with additional new information. Always be conscious that the concluding statement cannot contain new information because a development of the discussion cannot be done within a concluding paragraph. You should have replaced it with a sentence that better summed up the original prompt instead. By the way, your conclusion could have done with better complex sentence development by adding another sentence. That way your score could have seen an even greater consideration than the 7 that I believe it can get.
jadeatoz 2 / 8  
Hi Phuong, your essay is sound and it inspires me so much. Good luck!

Home / Writing Feedback / Discuss the similarities and differences between office workers and factory workers