Home / Writing Feedback   % width   Posts: 2

DISCUSSION ABOUT INTERNET BASED COURSE AND ATTENDING LECTURE IN UNIVERSITY

fijarakbar25 11 / 13 2  
These days internet based courses have become a popular alternative to university based courses. Some students prefer this kind of learning because they do not need to attend the lectures. Others argue that it is important to study at university program. Discuss both views and give your opinion!

The sophistication of technology influenced many aspect of human life specifically education field, several universities has applied the advance toward long distance learning. Some state that internet based learning is much beneficial regarding time efficiency, while it is true other think that student should attend the university due to interpersonal interaction. In my point of view I would argue that they have to present at university lecture.

Admittedly, e-learning could be a handy way to obtain the university credit and offers flexibility to its participants to engage 24-hours access, this allows them to freely complete course tasks without depending on university schedule. Also they are able to learn while accomplishing other duties. According to research conducted by The University of Wisconsin, the satisfaction of students studying in online class comes from the flexibility. These, result in reducing travel cost and proffer time efficiency especially for students whose dwellings are not in the university area. For that matter, some people would like to prefer this kind of study rather going to campus directly.

However, the convenience might not be ideal if it is seen from time management and lecture-student interaction which are extremely crucial. The reason is that many students are less likely to participate in online class, it requires a tremendous number of self-motivation, plan and they sometime find difficulties in arranging the schedule as reported in The Journal of Technology in Education. In addition, interpersonal communication between students and lectures hold significant aspect of student's development. It is because direct feedback from instructor during study process enable them to be well-encouraged, enhance the knowledge and acquire profound insight. For instance, positive inquiry of teacher leads students to be more motivated resulting in mastery of such courses.

The aforementioned evidences reveal that notwithstanding convincing arguments on both sides about digital course above, it is believed that students are still required to be present at the lecture. Hence, students are sometime not totally aware and confused how to manage the schedule. Furthermore, they need to be guided inter-personally or in significantly face-to-face communication.

angga93 42 / 74 20  
_______influenced many aspect of human life (human's life)______ : possessive for human = human's
_______specifically (at) education field_______ : needs preposition
_______education field, (insert a connector here) several universities has applied_______: needs a connector to combine the sentences
.Some state (a. states) that (b. use) internet based learning________ : a. "some" always followed by plural noun; b. the clause needs a verb

_______ that student should attend the (a) university _______ : university is not specific yet, cannot use "the"
.In my point of view(,) I would argue that _______ : usually with a comma

Home / Writing Feedback / DISCUSSION ABOUT INTERNET BASED COURSE AND ATTENDING LECTURE IN UNIVERSITY
Need help with your assignments? Fill out one of these forms: