IELTS 2:Dressing appropriately is important or not??

sush2 4 / 11 1  
Topic: Do you consider that dressing appropriately is important or are you of the opinion that everyone should be able to wear exactly what they like??

Many people claim that it is their right to choose what to wear and there should be any compulsion on them in this regard.However, others are of the opinion that people should dress according to the situation, so as to look appropriate of it. I am in consummate accord with the people, who prefer to dress on situation basis. Lets analyze the advantages and disadvantages of following dress codes in our daily life.

To begin with, dressing formal is very essential in a corporate culture and every employee should stick to this rule while working with others as a group.If a person violates this, it looks awkward that he(she) is going against the rules of organisation and may lead to disciplinary actions toward him(her). For example, In many companies wearing suit is essential, especially when it is a business meeting or board meeting with supervisors. And if you do not follow this, it will adversely affect the career growth in professional life. So, It is recommended that you should follow dress code in your work life.

Even in personal life there are times, a person has to follow this rule. For example, in cultural occasions like festivals and marriages people are not encouraged to wear what they like, indeed they are forced to wear only customary clothes which are approved by all sections of people. These festivals are inherited from our ancestors and it is our responsibility to preserve and continue to our next generations.From this, it is evident that dressing according to situation is crucial, else it would to lead to criticizing from others and alienation.

In contrast, wearing a dress which we feel more comfortable and quite good is a privilege one should really feel. It allows a person to enjoy their freedom in choosing clothes as per his(her) tastes. For example, when you go out, you feel more relaxed by wearing modern dresses like jeans and shirt than wearing ethnic dress, which is tough to carry.

To conclude, selecting dresses with respect to situation is vital, especially when you have to impress someone in your personal and professional life. And it is appreciated by many people around us and in some cases it is definitely a strict condition to obey . Though, one can feel pleasure to wear what they like to wear, it is not always inevitable and consequences could be devastating.
niesaysi 16 / 290 85  
.If a person violates this, it looks awkward that he(she) is going against the rules of organisation and may lead to disciplinary actions toward him(her).

he or she
him or her

So, It is recommended that you

it

Even in personal life there are times, a person has to follow this rule

It is unnecessary to put a comma.

These festivals are inherited from our ancestors and it is our responsibility to preserve and continue tothem forourthe next generations.

..else it would to lead to criticizing from others and alienation.

The bold part is not an acceptable in English grammar. It must be " would lead".

Good luck:)
Many people claim that it is their right to choose what to wear and there should not be any compulsion on them in this regard. However, others are of the opinion that people should dress according to the situation, so as to look appropriate of it.to be a part of the event.

. I am in consummate accord with the people, who prefer to dress on situation basis.

... you should have said this in a more simpler and interesting manner. Clarity of your ideas matter more than everything else :)
OP sush2 4 / 11 1  
Hi pahan,

I am in consummate accord with the people, who prefer to dress on situation basis . ----- it means "I agree with those people, who prefer to dress according to occassion." .

Can you pls tell me how is it wrong, so that i rectify it. I am really not good at writing.
fikri 5 / 317 71  
And if you do not follow this, it will adversely affect the career growth in professional life.

you cannot put 'and' in the beginning
Hi pahan,

Well, I understand what you say. However, the word consummate is not often used to express a general agreement. It is a bit more advanced word which is used to describe a state of perfection. For example; The company consummated its deal to buy a smaller firm./ a work of consummate skill; an act of consummate savagery.

So, I find this phrase is too advance for a simple task like this. It really does not keep up with the rest of your writing. That's my personal view :)
OP sush2 4 / 11 1  
Is it? I did not know that. thanks

Home / Writing Feedback / IELTS 2:Dressing appropriately is important or not??