Has the ease of preparing food and technologies improved life?

faash 1 / 1  

revolutionary change in food consumption

It would be evident that the modern lifestyle is in such a way that it is much different from the lifestyle we once had to follow. In nearly the same way, our eating style has encountered a revolutionary change in the last few decades and therefore, since food is a basic part of our life, as the 20th century advanced, more and more technologies were invented to enable people to cook faster and easier. Although some people may hold the opinion this affair has brought some disadvantages such as lower quality of food and health problems, I still strongly believe that it has improved our lives in many ways.

First of all, the ease of preparing food has avoided the waste of a considerable amount of women's time and contributed to women's economic empowerment. In the olden days, like two hundred years ago, cooking was a time-consuming task which individuals had to spend a lot of their time and energy preparing a meal and especially cooking dominated the time and energy of the average housewife. While those days there were no big grocery stores where families could go to purchase food, and eating out was truly a rare treat, usually possible only when traveling, the advent of modern methods of preparing and preserving food has notably lightened the heavy burden of cooking for women which provide them with more spare time and peace of mind, and therefore lead to an increase in the number of working wives.

Apart from the point I made above, when we think back what we ate today, yesterday, three days ago or even last year, we realize nowadays how different the food on our plates is. While prior to refrigeration, storing food for more than a few days would often lead to food spoiling and becoming inedible, today it allows us to store food for days and even months and enjoy a wide variety of food which belongs to different seasons and different countries. Research clearly shows that a variety of foods is the key to getting all the necessary nutrients which can help to reduce the risk of certain types of disease. Furthermore, with the aid of refrigerators and freezers, now meals can be prepared in bulk and stored for later consumption or prepared in a location that is more profitable rather than on-site preparation at extra cost. It is really wonderful to always have food available and to be able to eat completely different meals every day.

Additionally, when food is easier to prepare, it has the potential to allow families to spend more quality time together instead of taking too much time preparing meals. Spending quality time with family does help in coping with challenges, instill a feeling of security, inculcate family values, fill kids with confidence, and much more. Our family will be healthy if we give it time and thanks to modern methods of preparing food we have more time to spend with our family.

In conclusion, and suffice it to say, the ease of cooking has improved our life. It helps us save our precious time, contributes to women empowerment and provide us with a greater variety of food than ever before in history.

I would be really thankful if anyone helps me to improve my essay
Maria - / 1,098 389  
@faash
Hello there! I'll help you with your essay.

First and foremost, I recommend optimizing your essay through omitting lines that are unnecessary and irrelevant to your content. By doing this, you'll be able to focus more on sentences that you need to emphasize. This also includes merging together lines that can be merged. Once you have hold over this technique, you'll have more hold over the content of your essay because you'll have more space to discuss the essential parts.

Secondly, ensure that there is certainty in the tone of your essay. If you can omit filler words, this can help you create a more academic tone that'll help you in the long-run.

Having said all these things, I would also add that you try to reduce the length of your sentences. While this is necessary at times, having lengthy sentences can negatively affect your writing also. Remember that a straightforward approach to the structure of your content will always be helpful; this is due to the fact that having direct-to-the-point and simpler structures can help you evade being misunderstood in the message you are trying to convey.

That being said, I would recommend a revision similar to this for the entirety of the essay:

Apart from the points I've made I made above, when we ... ate today, ... last year have consumed, we realize nowadays how different the the food on our plates is has changed. While pPrior to refrigeration, ... would often lead to food it spoiling and becoming inedible,; today it allows us ... countries we can indulge on a variety of food for different seasons from all over the world because of innovations in food storage. Research clearly shows ... of foods is the key to getting all the necessary nutrients, reducing the which can help to reduce the risk of certain types of diseases. ... and freezers, now meals ... in bulk and stored for later consumption or prepared ... at extra cost. It is really wonderful to always have access to food available and to be able to eat completely different ...

Best of luck in your writing.
OP faash 1 / 1  
@Maria
Thank you so much for your help! I really appreciate it.

Home / Writing Feedback / Has the ease of preparing food and technologies improved life?