(IELTS ESSAY) Effects of reading newspaper and watching television news

rombos 4 / 6 2  
Some say that reading newspaper and watching TV news is a waste of time because it has no direct connection with people's lives. To what extent do you agree or disagree?

In this modern world, media such as newspaper and television are considered to be an irrefutable part in our life. However, many people are of the view that, news brings no benefit, as it has no relation with them. Though people have different views on this topic, I strongly disagree with this notion as it stands very closely to people life.

First and foremost, news helps us to update our knowledge. It includes information about communicable disease, natural calamities, weather changes, and so on. All these information can have a great influence on everyone's life. For instance, the flash news about Tsunami showed on news channels helped to save the lives of many people in the costal of area of Kerala, two year ago. So news has inevitable role in human life.

In addition to this, information related to crime published in newspaper helps the people to get a better insight of its ill-effects and thereby reduce the further occurrence of such misfortunes to a great extent. For example, the highlighted news of atrocities against woman helped to reduce the rate of such incidents in future. Thus, no one can contradict the significance of news in our life.

From these points of view, it is crystal clear that reading newspaper and watching television news have great influence on people's day-today-life.
abcd1234 1 / 1 1  
hey, guy! i think you should make the first para clearer with example or statistics ^^
In addittion, not in addition to this
newspaper helps ( the )people to get a better insight of its ill-e...
tense consistency.
^^
pmw0647 2 / 5 2  
personally, i think you'd better put kind of essay plan in intro like that in this essay,i will present my opinions with some reasons.

It includes information about communicable disease, natural calamities, weather changes, and so on.
calamity

helps the people to get a better insight of its ill-effects
somysojan 8 / 19 8  
have great influence onin people's day-today-life.

So news has an inevitable role in human life.

your essay is a good essay.. you folow a very good structure. you can achieve good band..good luck
joythblessy 86 / 272 15  
Hai Bosco..

Nice to read your essay..
Followed the desired structure..):

I fell,
First and foremost can be replaced by==> Firstly (personal)
So can be replaced by, ===> hence

Tessy
In this modern world, media such as newspaper and television are considered to be an irrefutable part in our life.

In the modern world, media such as newspapers and television have become an integral part of peoples' lives.

news brings no benefit, asit hasthey have no relation with them.

, I strongly disagree with this notion as it stands very closely to people life.

I strongly disagree with this view as news have a great impact on our lives.

First and foremost, news helps us to update our knowledge.

... good sentence

communicable disease

.... what do you mean by communicable? do you mean the news about some epidemic?
Overall you have written a good essay. You follow a good structure too. :)

Home / Writing Feedback / (IELTS ESSAY) Effects of reading newspaper and watching television news