Not enough students choose science subjects in university in many countries. Why? Effects on society

tieuthanh 4 / 11 1  
Nowadays, not enough students choose science subjects in university in many countries.

Why? What will be effects on society?

In contemporary world, some countries have witnessed a shortage of students opting for science curriculum in colleges. There are two principal reasons resulting in this phenomenon, and it would have some notable impacts on society.

The first cause which discourages youngsters from enrolling in science subjects is low earning potential. In some countries, workers working for science fields would be not only controlled by the government, but they also receive salaries from it, which are not high as from private or multinational corporations. For example, according to the survey in 2021, some Vietnam's scientists researching agriculture or forest gained a monthly amount of 10 million Vietnamese Dong, which was insufficient to meet all basic demands in their lives. Secondly, some education systems produce ineffective outcomes. To be precise, exam-driven curriculum in some states does not provide learners with hands-on experiences, which deprives them of several opportunities to apply for high-profile organizations or lets them face confusion at work.

Regarding significant impacts, firstly, this tendency leads to a strong reduction of beneficial initiatives satisfying the population's needs. For instance, if the authorities make a decision on create viable solutions to deal with consequences of climate change, this could be impossible to be undertaken due to a lack of qualified scientists who refuse the government's low financial investment. The second impact is the administration's weakened credibility in society. For example, civilians tend to believe in science field of other countries because their universities attract a high number of outstanding students over the world. Thereby, they would consume science's products produced by those countries rather than their ones.

In conclusion, low income and inappropriate university course prevent a large number of students from accessing to science subjects in several nations. Consequently, this leads to a shortage of qualified employees in those countries, and lessen their credibility in society.
There are two principal reasons resulting in this phenomenon, and it would have some notable impacts on society.

This is an empty thesis statement. There is no basis for this discussion presentation. What reasons relate to this discussion? Why do you think that the reasons are valid? Where is the short form discussion? Your opinion is not clearly established so the examiner will have no way of scoring the clarity of your topic understanding and writing instruction compliance.

Avoid overwriting in your response. You are needlessly extending the explanations for no reason. With a 40 minute writing time, you should be getting to the point in every sentence immediately as opposed to stretching the explanation, which just wastes the time of the examiner, who will not give you additional vocabulary scores anyway since the GRA of your essay is far lower than it should be due to the over worded presentation.

Home / Writing Feedback / Not enough students choose science subjects in university in many countries. Why? Effects on society