It's Not All About Entertainment

mujahid_fadli 16 / 3 6  
Televised talent shows have become popular in many societes today.
Are these shows a good method of finding talented people, or are they just entertainment?
Give reasons for your answer and include any relevant examples from your own knowledge or experience.

A great number of idol programmes had turned into famous TV presentation virtually the whole countries in the world. The others argue that it is a brilliant way to pick up potential person whereas another argue shout them out that those just for amusing beholder. This essay will discuss both points of view.

With regards to the aims of entertainment, people believe it is caused by several reasons. To begin, producers think that they could attract advertisement and major sponsorship for investing much money to support. Afterwards, they managed properly these shows in order to come more benefit for them. In addition, the idol progammes would deliver new event which had been derived from those. Appearing Reality Show, for exemplify, which based on participants' live, and Behind The Scene episode too. Both of them become famous and interesting to watch. Eventually it would increase their rating due to huge number of voters had to choose their idol.

However, I firmly do not believe these opinion stands up sturdy. The first reason is many rising star had been produced such as One Direction group band and solo singer who spread out in entertainment world stage. While they do perform, the examiner and commentators would observe directly how big potential they are for developing entertainment or music industry few couple years later. Not only this, TV station had big desire to know people's tendency in shows live. It is important for evolving entertainment shows because they must planned and organized properly before present them up.

To conclude, although some argue ability shows on television just only to regale people for aims fun and enjoy, I would argue that is the main approach to emerge fresh and young entertainer and therefore the stakeholder have to create a regulation to minimize silent action which only looking for self or company profit.
Muhajid, I would like to call your attention to the prompt provided. It is of the utmost importance that you always understand the question being asked and the directions for responding to it. In this case, the question is "Do reality shows find talented people or is it just for entertainment?" The keywords here being "reality show", "talented people", "or entertainment". As I read your response, I came to understand one thing. You needed help in understanding the prompt because the essay response that you wrote went in the wrong direction. It was not the correct answer to the prompt.

In your essay, you spoke of the financial aspect of the reality show, which is not even one of the choices being mentioned in the prompt for your discussion. You were only supposed to choose between entertainment or finding talent as the reason that televised talent show have become popular. Even in the confused state of your English expressions, there was nothing in it that spoke of the choices you were given. The discussion should not have anything to do with profit. It should only have to do with your personal opinion based on your experience and observations.

Ask yourself, do you watch these talent shows because they find real talented people whom you support by buying their albums after the contest? In which case, your discussion should be that the talent shows are popular because they help find new talent. Or, do you just watch the talent show because there is nothing else to watch on TV so you watch that? Then you should respond that these talent shows are only good for entertainment.

Here is a tip to help you with your next essays. In order to make sure that you understand what kind of response you have to give to the question, ask more questions about it. Don't be afraid to let the tutor know that you do not understand the question. The tutor is there to help you learn and understand the English language by helping you improve your comprehension / understanding skills. Don't be embarrassed to ask. Everyone starting out needs help.

If your tutor cannot help you, then come here and post the prompt. Ask us to help you understand it. You will see that over time, as we help you understand the prompts, your responses will become more relevant to the question and pretty soon, you won't be asking us to help you understand the question anymore :-)

We're here to help you anytime you need it :-)

Home / Writing Feedback / It's Not All About Entertainment