TOEFL essay_Should students live in campus or off-campus housing?

princedynasty 15 / 57 4  
One of the problems that affect university students' studying performance is their choice of place to live. At the present time, students are often confused about whether campus or off-campus housing is more suitable for them, which sparks controversy among people.

First of all, some people believe that students should live off-campus because off-campus housing is more beneficial for students than campus one, not only in terms of freedom but also comfort. These people point out the fact that students are not restricted in time when living off-campus, therefore they can learn how to organize and follow their schedule self-reliantly. These people also believe that students could spend more time doing other interesting and exciting things instead of just learning day by day, such as going to the cinema, shopping, or visiting museums. However, in fact, students are likely to be distracted from studying, which is their most important aim if they live off-campus. Another significant disadvantage is that students living far from universities have to pay the high transportation cost and sometimes are late for lectures.

On the contrary, other people advocate that students should live in campus dwellings since they provide benefits for studying. They point out that students surrounded by an academic backdrop find it easy to concentrate on studying. Additionally, it is claimed that university housing always ensures safety and punctuality for students, which make their parents and students themselves feel more secure. Living near universities, students may as well be accessible to universities' facilities. For example, after classes, students are able to read references in the university's library. Moreover, students who live in campus housing can study in group to boost their performance. Conversely, students in off-campus housing often study alone, which may make them become uninspiring and exhausted after a short time.

In conclusion, I agree with those people who support campus housing and want students to live there. Campus housing, as shown, brings many advantages to students. Perhaps, there should be an increase in investment on campus dwellings to serve students more effectively. I believe that students need an ideal place for studying, and I think that living in campus housing is their most reasonable decision.
dianneraja 1 / 2  
I agree that you should live in residence during your undergrad since it is a great time to become independent and learn from a new experience. Sometimes, the money is the issue or you don't feel completely safe.... Take the risks, cause you will always find a way to solve your problems. For example, money... you can always do a coop program and get a credit plus get paid and you can pay for your fees, or get a part time job, or seasonal jobs. Another thing is get a loan or others similar to that. Honestly, you're going to university to study to make something of yourself and get a career. In the end, it all works out once you have a job you can save and pay it all back. It may sound unrealistic or not as simple however it truly is simple and sweet. Give life a chance and go for it, you have nothing to lose or gain at this point in your life. This is the time to be anyone you want and make a stable future for yourself. Living on campus will be the best decision you will ever make during university whether's it's for 1 year or all four years of undergrad. However, if you decide to live on campus, decide for yourself to work hard and study, get the grades and make life long friends. Have the will power to do so, that will be the key to your success.
OP princedynasty 15 / 57 4  
Thank you for your comment, Dianne.
Indeed, there are many benefits of living off-campus and in fact, I would prefer to live off-campus. But my essay is only 350 words so I had better choose the idea which is easier to talk about.
dianneraja 1 / 2  
Your Welcome! hope everything goes well for you :) if possible can you edit my post as well, it would be well appreciated.

Home / Writing Feedback / TOEFL essay_Should students live in campus or off-campus housing?