Exercise should be a more important part of the school curricullum - persuasive essay

aryanxxx 1 / -  
So my teacher has made me redo this and she refuses to mark it because It's not persuasve, Please help me out and tell me what I can improve to get those A grades !!!!

Exercise should be a more important part of the school curriculum.

phisical activities at school

How often do you exercise? Because for the majority of us, exercise plays a vital role in our lives, helping us stay both physically and mentally fit. It helps us live longer, healthier and happier lives. Most young people that go to school don't get enough exercise because it is tough to maintain a balance between good educations in the classroom whilst also doing plenty of physical activities. There are plenty of benefits in exercising and people of all age groups, especially teens can take advantage of it due to the following reasons.

Firstly, exercise improves self-esteem and confidence. Most people think of exercising as a physical activity, but it is also a mental activity. Recently, there have been studies showing that 55% of people who exercise have more confidence in their worth and abilities. It also showed that active people are less likely to have depression and anxiety. This could be particularly helpful because it may help students to stand up for themselves and participate in class more. Exercising fuels people with energy, helping people have a positive outlook on life and relieving all that tension and stress. After all, Thales said "A sound body has a sound mind". When you exercise, your body releases endorphin chemicals, which in term, trigger a positive feeling in the brain. Who doesn't want to be a happier person?

One more beneficial reason students should exercise is because it can help in losing weight. You can easily lose weight by exercising as your calories will burn during your workout period. Additionally if you are exercising daily and are taking a healthy diet your body is having very less risk of developing heart diseases. The blood glucose levels of your body will also get controlled with regular exercise, preventing dangers and risks like obesity. Losing weight can make you look better physically and furthermore, boost your self-esteem. Finally you can show off to those girls in your PE class!

Let's be honest here, we all aspire to get those big, ripped abs and six packs so by exercising your muscle strength can be improved heavily, granting you to have better control over your body and live with less struggle. Strong muscles and ligaments reduce your risk of joint and lower back pain, by keeping joints in proper alignment. Ultimately, this could help you write faster in class and sit more comfortably, without stress to your back. Studies showed that 80 % of students who went to fitness sessions after school found it easier to balance and move around.

By working out, your muscles will develop and the metabolic rate of your body will be increase, helping you in burning even more calories than normal if you aren't exercising or, working in class. Just think about it, perhaps you could treat yourself to that chocolate bar every so often if you have a run around school before morning registration. Whilst it may be true that exercise makes students hyperactive and unsettled when they enter the classroom, it actually encourages the release of brain chemicals (hormones) that are responsible for the production of cells in the hippocampus, the part of the brain that controls memory and learning. Consequently, this boosts the concentration levels and the cognitive and mental ability, and helps reduce the risk of cognitive degenerative diseases such as Alzheimer's (memory loss and thinking problems). A study on primates also revealed that regular exercise not only improved blood flow to the brain, but also helped the monkeys learn new tasks twice as quickly as non-exercising monkeys; now I'm not saying teens are monkeys, but researchers believe this benefit is held true for human beings as well. Impress your teachers, friends and parents by getting the better results and grades at school that YOU deserve.

In conclusion, there is no doubt that exercise is helpful in the school situation as well as in our daily lives and not only students but anyone can go away and have a think about how important these reasons are. I hope now that you know the significance and advantages of exercise, so what are you waiting for? Go home and have a nice run!
Alex, your teacher is right. This is not a persuasive essay. This is an opinion paper and nothing more. A persuasive essay will look at both sides of the discussion, rebutting the other side as being false or inefficient in reasoning because of better, more valid, more authoritative reasons coming from you. Each time you present information such as percentages or quotes, you must include a reference to the source material in the manner that the paper format dictates (APA ,MLA, Chicago, to name a few formats). Otherwise, the information is not considered persuasive nor accurate in presentation. Think along the lines of a compare and contrast essay in order to successfully persuade people to your side. Don't use caps lock when emphasizing words in an academic paper, use either italics or an underline to do that. Refrain from using the bold function on the letters as well as all of these indicate shouting as the reader.

Home / Writing Feedback / Exercise should be a more important part of the school curricullum - persuasive essay