IELTS ( TASK 1 ) Expenditure on Health & Education , UAE as % of GDP

rockmanvnx6 2 / 3  
The bar chart illustrates the budget for Health and Education in the UAE from 1985 to 1990 whereas the line graph gives information about the figure for Infant Mortality and Life Exectancy between 1970 and 1992 .

Overall , spending money on Education made Life Expectancy and Infant Mortality improved .
The most outstanding feature of the chart is that the outlay on Education always came first in all of three periods . In 1985 , Education appeared to take the largest proportions in expenditure with 10.00 % , while the outlay on health was only 8.00 % . In 1990 , there was a slightly down ward trend in the expenditure on health from 8.00% to 7.00% . In contrast , education experienced a significant rise from 10.00% to 14.00% in 5 years . In 1993 , the exenditure on Health grow considerably from 7.00% to 10.00% and that on education climb marginally from 14.00% to 15.00% .

Regarding the line graph , there was a gradual reduction in infant mortality from 70 to 20 per 1000 births between 1970 and 1992 . On the other hand , the life expectancy witnessed a slightly increase from 60 to 70 years in the same period .

indah_hai 19 / 38 4  
Dear Rockmanvnx6,
Here I give you some that could be additional things:
- In introduction: I think it should be paraphrased
- Overall: based on the line graph, the infant mortality is a decrease not an improvement maybe you could replaced with comparing the highest rate from each graph.

- In body: I think it could be better if you give the most contrast and relation between the graphs

P.S. be careful about your spelling eq: expectancy. look carefully about your dot (.) and (,)
Fardhani Putri 23 / 46 7  
The bar chart illustrates the budget for Health and Education in the UAE from 1985 to 1990 whereas the line graph gives information about the figure for Infant Mortality and Life Expectancy between 1970 and 1992 .

I think for introductory, we give relation between the graphs
The bar chart depicts spending money on Health & Education from UAE Government between 1985 to 1993 and how this budget gave effect for Infant Mortality and Life Expectancy from 1970 to 1992.

Overall , spending money on Education made Life Expectancy and Infant Mortality improved

Overall, Infant Mortality decreased significantly after the government in UAE increased the spending money for Health and Education. So, Life Expectancy rose up slightly for over 22 years.

For the the body you have to make it balance to explain the line graph

Where is your conclusion?
you can give simple explain how the cost of money on Health & Education affect to Infant Mortality and Life Expectancy over the years
tiaDS 73 / 235 52  

In the first graph, there are differences that 'life expentacy' mentions 'years' and 'infant mortality' is based on 'per 1000 birth'
The bar chart reveals the spending budget for Health and Education in the UAE from 1985 to 1990, whereas the line graph indicates information about the figure between Infant Mortality (per 1000 birth) and Life Exectancy (years) over ranging from 1970 to 1992.

This statement seems to be a bit too compact. Have two sentences, one that describes the main observation in child mortality and life expectancy and the other to tell about expenditure on health and education. Overview statement should be brief, but at the same time it should provide the reader and outline idea of what these graphical presentation is all about. Don't cram everything into one sentence. There is no harm in having one to three sentences for your overview.

Home / Writing Feedback / IELTS ( TASK 1 ) Expenditure on Health & Education , UAE as % of GDP