Home / Writing Feedback   % width   Posts: 2

Are famous celebrities 'role models' for young generations?

wslgods 1 / -  
In many parts of the world, some famous people are considered 'role models', and they are having an increasing influence on the young. Is this a positive or negative development?

Increasingly, celebrities, influencers, and key opinion leaders are being perceived as perfect examples for young citizens all around the world to imitate. However huge the impact they have struck on Generation Z, I strongly believe this tendency is negative for young children's development.
To begin with, I note that modern-day superstars are often involved in major scandals related to drugs, bribery, corruption, and sexual assaults. For example, Kim Kardashian once published a series of sex tapes on the Internet in 2007 just to grab public attention. She was successful in exposing such an infamous scandal that made her become an A-tier celebrity in a short period. Demi Lovato, a non-binary singer, relapsed in 2018 after six years of sobriety. She confessed to having had several strokes and heart attacks as a result of a drug overdose in her documentary. As these influencers have been implicated in infamous scandals throughout their career, I contend that they are not perfect role models for young children to learn from their disputable lives.
Besides that, when teenagers search for their favorite influencer's information, they are getting into the risks of stumbling across sexual scandals. Especially for some youngsters under the legal age, when exposed to inappropriate content, they are likely to imitate sexual behaviors. The more pornography consumption an adolescent is exposed to, the greater sexual insecurity and dissatisfaction they may possess. To illustrate, a 2021 review that compiled evidence from other empirical sources such as surveys and research found that representations of women in pornography may lead adolescent boys to view women as sexual objects, with disregard and disrespect for gender equality.
On the other hand, some folks may argue against the negative effects that showbiz celebrities strike on young citizens on the grounds that many are now promoting charitable causes or serving as inspirational figures. Apart from infamous influencers, there are still international superstars who contribute their resources to donation funds, as in the case of Bill Gates. Bill is famous not only for his software company but also for his philanthropy endeavors over the years. This has made him one of the most respectful businessmen in the modern world, being a role example for Generation Z to emulate.
For all the reasons I have mentioned, I strongly believe that infamous celebrities are not always perfect examples for young generations to learn from. Therefore, parents should regulate information their teenagers may access from the Internet to reduce the risks of encountering age-inappropriate content.

Holt  Educational Consultant - / 15169 4859  
Demi Lovato, a non-binary singer

You should avoid presenting information that removes the focus from the actual discussion. There is no need to reference the sexual preference of Demi Lovato in this case as it is irrelevant to her sobriety. You won't get extra points for delivering irrelevant information. I understand you are using that to meet the word count but, it would be best if you used references that do not distract from the actual discussion.

You need to present your point of view within 2 reasoning paragraphs alone. All task 2 essays clock in with 4 paragraphs, never 5. That is because you are expected to present only 2 reasoning paragraphs. Adding a 3rd one would make you risk not being to complete the essay presentation within 40 minutes.

Home / Writing Feedback / Are famous celebrities 'role models' for young generations?
Need help with your assignments? Fill out one of these forms: