Films Production, Digital Technology

VuongHoaiThanh 1 / -  
Nowadays it is not only large companies that can make films. Digital technology enables anyone to produce films.

Do you think it is positive or negative development?

Essay
With the rapid development of technological advancements, movies could not only be produced by large firms but can also be created by any ordinary person. In my point of view, this phenomenon could be both positive and negative developments.

Regarding positive aspects of digital development, there are several plausible explanations that could be used to advocate the view. Normal people living in the past could not join in producing any types of cinematic entertainments because of gigantic financial requirements for art productions. With the support of advanced digital, the cost of production has been significantly decreased, allowing people from low and medium incomes to participate. For instance, by simply using a smartphone, people can easily generate homemade films with their own ideas and could incidentally become famous in some cases for their talent. As a result, digital development can boost human mental health by fulfilling their wishes and making them satisfied with their life.

On the other hand, the advanced technology of digital could be responsible for its negative effect. In the way of easily producing and uploading people's homemade movies on the internet, many unverified items frequently cause a range of problems relating to sexual content, violence, or morality. Take Vietnam as an example. In recent years, many people who create homemade films for their own purposes were punished by the government because of their inappropriate content such as stimulating other's actions, accents, or habits in order to embarrass and bully others in front of the public eyes. Consequently, several cases of suicide because of such bullying could be a detrimental impact on rapidly developing digital technology.

In conclusion, the development of digital could be both negative and positive and I strongly believe that such advancements need some legal restrictions to prevent their drawbacks and would be further developed because of its advantages.
This is a single opinion essay. The writing requirement is that off a single choice response due to the "or" representation for the answer. "Or" represents a co-relation of the words positive or negative. That is why a decision must be made to support just one side of the discussion. Of course the topic has positive and negative considerations. However, you are being asked to explain which side one believes in more and why. Based on scoring considerations, this essay fails in 2 aspects:

- Lack of a clear opinion in relation to the question and possible responses provided;
- Response that is not related to the task.

The foremost considerations in scoring this type of work are :

- clarity of opinion based on a single response choice;
- proper response formatting in relation to the provided question.

Failive to address these points can prevent the written piece mom receiving a passing score.

Home / Writing Feedback / Films Production, Digital Technology