IELTS Writing Task 2: Digital technology enables anyone to produce films

xinhaylagiacmo 1 / -  
Nowadays it is not only large companies than can make film. Digital technology enables anyone to produce films.

Do you think it is a positive or negative development?

These days, with the development of digital technology, people can make films in many ways and the film market is not only a piece of cake for large corporations. This change can be attributed to numerous reasons, and I consider this a positive development.

There are two main reasons associated with this phenomenon. Firstly, everyone in modern life have almost one mobile device, such as a smartphone, tablet, or laptop. Therefore, they can easily record a video with a mobile phone, after that, they can be a professional editor with some mobile apps or softwares. Additionally, with the development of social network, online video platforms have become more popular with millions of visitors per day. This is because people's entertainment demand is dramatically increasing.

Personally, I deem this a positive development. The first reason for my belief is that the mega corporations in the film field have to continuously change, develop their human resources, upgrade their devices, unstintingly create. This could be explained by the fact that the world changes from day to day, so the products of that corporations need to get a high quality and fit for all people in the world. Another reason is, individuals can access easily to a large number of high-quality films. This can be seen in the case of tough competition between large corporation and non-professional producer.

In conclusion, while the development of digital technology, any one can to be a film producer, I consider this a positive development given the beneficial for citizen. In the near future, non-professional films will account for the larger proportion in the entertainment market./.

I hope that I will receive your feedback, it is very useful for me to improve my Writing skill. I have never take IELTS exam, so how can can I guess my score? Please and Thanks so much
The first reason why this essay will fail is because it added a discussion point that is not included in the original prompt. The question only pertains to whether the idea presented is a positive or negative development. There was never a question as to how these changes developed. Neither was there a question as to why these changes happened. Therefore, the writer altered the discussion writing instruction a few times, leading to a totally different discussion focus in the reasoning section. These additions will already result in point deductions due to inaccurate topic depiction and irrelevant responses.

Since a whole paragraph was dedicated to responding to the irrelevant discussion point, that total paragraph will be stricken from consideration. The result of which will be an essay that does not meet the minimum word count and, fails to fully develop a relevant 2 reasoning paragraph presentation. These will be the second basis for the overall failing score result.

Understand that the discussion questions are provided to give the writer the ability to properly respond within 2 paragraphs. That means one relevant topic should be discussed in every section. These should be connected reasons that clearly explain the opinion of the writer, as relevant to the prompt. Fail to follow the instructions and provide these points and the essay will get a failing score.
Annie97 3 / 10 2  
The two reasons of people being able to make films should be connected to why you consider this phenomenon positive development, otherwise the second and the third paragraph seem irrelevant.

Home / Writing Feedback / IELTS Writing Task 2: Digital technology enables anyone to produce films