I firmly agree that news about ordinary people's lives are important to know. IELTS Writing

Linda91 30 / 40 3  
The media pay too much attention to the lives and relationships of celebrities such as actors, singer or footballers. They should spend more time reporting the lives of ordinary people instead.

To what do you agree or disagree?

Media has a significant role in society. One group of people think that media should take attention in famous people, but other groups believe that media should have more tendency to report the life of people who are not famous. Whilst I believe that reporting the lives of celebrities is needed, but I firmly agree that news about ordinary people's lives is important to know.

Learning about what happen in ordinary people's lives is very important because people can learn something new from it. It means that media should also spend attention to common people's lives. There are many news that can be broadcasted and it will give good value to people. For instance, if media report about settlement of low-income family to people through media like TV, people who watch the broadcast will learn social value in society. As a consequent, it has a big role in people's lives as it can teach the number of social value in community. It can be seen from the example that media should report more the lives of ordinary people.

However, media frequently broadcasts about celebrities' lives today as every people needs an entertainment which can be obtained through media such television. In addition, it also gives people inspiration to their lives and there are many the kind of event or performance on television. For example, every home has at least one TV today as people can get many information or news toward it such as celebrity fashion. Then, people will imitate what celebrities wear. As a result, people become having inspirations and have an entertainment. That is no wonder that media report the lives of outstanding people.

In conclusion, reporting about extraordinary people is very attractive indeed, and the media often broadcasts about it, but I would argue that showing the lives of ordinary people is more significant to be known by people, so that it is better if the media gives a larger attention to it.
mita23 34 / 37 3  
Hy Linda. Let me give you some suggestions.

1. WhilstAlthough I believe that reporting the lives of celebrities is needed, but I firmly agree that news about ordinary people's lives is more important to know.

2. That is no wonder that media should report the lives of outstanding people.

3. so that it is better if thefor media to give gives a larger attention to it.

thank you

Home / Writing Feedback / I firmly agree that news about ordinary people's lives are important to know. IELTS Writing