Foods shipping from afar - IELTS score

David Tran 1 / -  

Many foods are shipped from far away.

Some people think that eating local foods is more environmentally and economically. Do you think the advantages outweigh the disadvantages?

Various categories of foods are transported overseas, while a few individuals opine that consuming their regional food is not harmful to the environment and gain financial benefits. Despite some obvious cons of this trend, I believe that these are outweighed by the pros.

On the one hand, there are a number of major drawbacks when consuming a wide range of local foods. The first drawback is that customers will be more fastidious because of the popularity of local flavor dishes. As a result, the food and beverage industry will face challenges in satisfying their local customers like changing the recipe, and ingredients,... it also means that this action will take time, and money also.

On the other hand, I believe that the benefits are more significant than such drawbacks. there are several major benefits when consuming inter foods. The first advantage is that consumers can stimulate their nation's economy and save a budget that spending on food. This is because the price of local foods is always affordable due to the common ingredients of their country, and by purchasing a product of a restaurant, the customers are likely to create a working environment and raise income for the workers. The second reason is that consuming local foods is likely a solution to protect the environment. To be specific, it is clear that we can reduce the emissions from transportation like airplanes, ships, and railways,... due to their people's needs.

In conclusion, I would argue that the appearance of local foods brings more benefits than drawbacks.
The opening sentence presents an opposite meaning from what the writer actually meant. The sentence indicates that the country exports food. He wanted to relate it to importation of food. This error shows that the writer is not used to thinking and writing in English. His LR problem is evident in the wong sentence implication. The second sentence is a hanging one as it does not have a fully developed thought process. It is indicative of a lack of sentence structure control. The writer needs to perfect his sentence writing abilities and develop correct vocabulary usage simultaneously. The only part he got right is the opinion response. That does not mean the essay will get a passing score though. Far from it.

His discussion fformat is not correct either He is using a comparative discussion where the required format is a single opinion, 2 supporting reason paragraph. The non-writer opinion supporting paragraph will not be scored. The essay is going to be considered under-developed and will not receive a passing score.

There are more problems visible in this essay that will cause a failing overall score. As this in the writer's first attempt, he cannot be expected to produce a passing score essay yet. He should be closer to a passing score, if notpassing already with his next test.

Home / Writing Feedback / Foods shipping from afar - IELTS score