Home / Writing Feedback   % width   Posts: 3

Task 2 - A foreign language and adopting the traditions

irfan727 49 / 68  
In order to speak a foreign language well, you need to adopt the culture of people who speak that language, and adopt some of their traditions. To what extent do you agree with this statement?

These days, a great deal of invasions come to a country. Some people reckon if they have to adopt the culture first before learning the origin language. In this case, I strongly disagree with this statement. This is because citizens can study language without learning the cultures, yet solely with more practices and exercises.

With regard to understand the language, people believe it is hard to be master in foreign language. As such, that is not mother language as usually inhabitants speak in daily activities. So, they need to practice more in order to make it as a habitual. For instance, a person who cannot speak English well, then he tries to study making conversation with the native speaker. Sure, he is predicted to gain improvement in his language skill although it is not occur in short-time. Furthermore, he has to be more exercises.

However, some others think if individuals wants to be easier in understanding language, they have to learn the foreign cultures. This is true because if people know the cultures, it will be more advantages. But, in other cases, they do not need adoption the traditions. For example, a 2013 recent Harvard University revealed that most Japanese tend to be proud with their cultures and languages and some of them can speak English. This is caused they are more likely to prevent their mother language so they keep their traditions.

The aforementioned evidence shows that if people want to be master in a language, they should not consume the traditions as well. Main point, they have to spend their spare time for practicing.

hasdymath 11 / 25  
With regard to understandunderstanding the language,.. With regard to is preposition, which means that it is followed by noun.

then he tries to study by making conversation with the native speaker.... adverb of manner

in other cases, they do not need adoptionto adapated from the traditions.

a person who cannot speak English well, then heand tries to study makingcreate conversation with the native speaker.
Bayuwibowo 48 / 73  
a great deal of invasions comeS to a country
"comes" refer to a great deal, a singular subject.

This is because the citizens can study language without learning the cultures
refer to "group of people"

people believe , it is hard to be master in foreign language
must separate "the subject verb agreement"

As such, that is not mother languagenative language as usually inhabitants speak in daily activities
choose between "native language" or "mother tongue"

a person who cannot speak English well, then he tries to study making conversation with the native speaker
a person who cannot speak English fluently try to making a conversation with the native speaker.

Home / Writing Feedback / Task 2 - A foreign language and adopting the traditions
Need professional help with your assignments? Fill out one of these forms: