(Writing task 2) Foreign tourists should pay more for cultural and historical places

trongdiablo03 1 / -  
People are always fascinated by exotic places, especially the ones with historical and cultural values. Some people argue that foreign tourists should be charged more for visiting these attractions. For my perspective, I cannot agree with this notion which, though, based on many plausible reasons. The forthcoming paragraph will show my explanations.

Overcharging in specific areas will possibly decrease the number of tourist arrivals to those places and even of the whole region and country. The reason is because people always want to make value of their money and don't want to pay extra for a place rather than the others, unless they have other reasons such as working, meeting someone, etc. In fact, cheap historical and cultural places like Hoi An or Hue are beating early-popular but expensive place like Cairo or Paris. As a consequence, less money will be earned from tourism services. Therefore, less money is spent on preserving and upgrading those places.

In a macro view, this change will downgrade regional and national image, which also leads to the falling of tourism. Obviously, people mostly decide the destination of their holidays or trips based on the places' reputation. They want to spend money lucratively through not going to places that have unreasonable prices. That means the higher the price, the less the profits. The 40% increase of visiting fee in AFA historical relic site in 2020 has bursted the rage of the public and has been removed just several days afterwards.

To sum up, tourists being excessively charged in historical and cultural attraction is inappropriate and not economically beneficial. However, it is important to set flexible prices depending on particular situations for the sake of both tourists and service providers.

(Thank you for your feedbacks and sorry if I make some typo errors)
The prompt restatement section is acceptable enough. However, the lack of a properly referenced writer's opinion, using a clear thesis statement, negates your ability to clearly explain, in short form, the reasons for your opinion. Your writer's opinion presentation will cause the paragraph to receive a failing preliminary TA score because it does not properly highlight your quick form writer's opinion basis. You cannot use a vague idea reference as its basis.. Points will be deducted for that.

Try to avoid the usage of "etc." in a formal essay setting. That is not commonly used when writing academic papers as it denotes a lack of properly presented additional ideas. It is not important to make the reader believe that you have more to say. It is important that the reader understands the importance of the ideas you have presented in the paragraph.

The example provided was good, but had grammar errors in the presentation. You need to have shown a proper grasp of the time frame reference of the English language. Clearly show that you know how to use English past, present, and future tenses.

Home / Writing Feedback / (Writing task 2) Foreign tourists should pay more for cultural and historical places