IELTS WRITING TASK 2: Free education or new technology in developing countries.

vuvietanh123 1 / -  
Some people think that introducing new technology can improve people's quality of life in developing countries. However, others believe that free education should be offered.

Discuss both views and give your opinion.

There are controversial perspectives fueling a debate over the method to improve people's life in many developing nations. While some believe that the key is to introduce new kinds of technology, others would argue that free education should be implemented. Although each has its own perks, I would regard myself as an advocate of the latter.

Undoubtedly, technological advancements are the keys to numerous dire issues in many underdeveloped nations. Given the fact that most of these countries' infrastructures are either outdated or the efficiency is relatively low, introducing a new sort of techs would help them to start industrializing and modernizing their countries to a new standard. Vietnam, which was a war-torn country, can be cited as an outstanding instance regarding this. The government rebuilt the country by overhauling the technical foundation of Vietnam, making Vietnam one of the fastest developing nations. Thus, a new implementation of technological advancement would bring tremendous benefits in emerging countries.

While the merits of applying new techs are widely acknowledged, I would argue that offering free education could result in a wealth of significant benefits. Considering that most of the population of these underdeveloped countries are either adolescents or young workers, it would be pivotal to provide them free and sufficient education. If they do not have enough general knowledge, technical advancement will be in vain. For example, a number of countries in Africa decided to heavily invest in technology in lieu of educating the younger generation. As a result, they could not catch up with the complexities of those machines. Hence, adequate education should be provided to all citizens in emerging countries.

In conclusion, despite investing national savings in technology might bring numerous advantages, I would argue that the authorities in developing nations should spend their budget on free education instead.

299 words
controversial perspectives

You are misinforming the reader and placing unnecessary information in your restatement that will affect the original message of the essay. Never deviate from the original presentation by adding information or exaggerating the content. The examiner normally shaves off points from the TA section when you do that. You do not want to start the essay with a low TA preliminary score.

The essay is rather under developed at this point since it offers only a singular point of view in the presentation. The aim of this prompt is to show the examiner your comparison discussion abilities when it comes to the differences between the public and your personal opinion. Since there are no 3rd person group pronouns used in the discussion, the understanding is that these information all emanate from the writer's perspective. There is a lack of balance in the discussion.

Home / Writing Feedback / IELTS WRITING TASK 2: Free education or new technology in developing countries.