Home / Writing Feedback   % width NEW!

The future of our society is partly depended on the socialization of our children

IMQ 2 / 3  
I really appreciate your help!
p.s. some of sentences refer to kevin's answer.

The speaker asserts that how we socialize children determined the future of society. It has merits from a normative standpoint, and I agree insofar as the future of our society is partly depended on the socialization of our children. However, the assertion is indefensible. The better future of society is rely on multiple efforts, including socialize children. Otherwise, socialization only might defeat its own purpose in the long term.

True, the speaker's assertion that how children socialize plays a important role in raising children, for the reasons below. First, indisputably, human existence is social existence. From the very moments of life, children begin a process of socialization. In this process, children learn how to talk, interact with others, share, manage frustrations, live up to expectations and the culture values and norms, In fact, our sense of individual identity, our sense depends on the primitive stage of socialization. The importance of social experiences is evident in the socially isolated children. If early childhood is devoid of social experience, he or she may fail to develop normal language skills leading to limitation in other social learning.

Secondly, socialization helps shape and define our thoughts, feelings, and actions, provides us with a model for our behavior, teaches us the cultural values and norms that guidelines our everyday life .As children become socialized, they learn how to fit into and function as productive members of human society. In short, children socialization is a vital part, as expected in determining the destiny of society, as ink is to a pen or wheels are to a car. It beneficial on both the development of individuals and the stability of society.

Beyond this concession, however, I disagree with the statement because it seems to overweigh socialization than any other factors on the society development. Consider Mother Teresa, ministered to the poor, sick, orphaned and dying for over 45 years , received numerous honor including the 1979 Nobel Peace Prize. Her contribution was primarily the result of strong religious upbringing, which had more to do with the influence of her mother and family. Kant, the one who changed the framework within which philosophical inquiry has carried out, was a introverted person who never traveled more than ten miles from his work place. A more compelling example is Albert Einstein, who remained a reluctant talker for quite some years, and, until the age of about seven, used to repeat his sentences to himself softly, a habit which contributed to the impression he might be somewhat dull.

In sum, the speaker's assertion that the society's destiny hinges on how children are socialized flies in the face of innumerous illustrations of the contributed persons. The effects of education are too complex to be predicted, and this complexity is due to the very nature of the developmental process of things. Further, complexity and uncertainty are inherent in human society; therefore, the way children were socialized may not be very crucial in terms of one's growing into a useful or valuable person.

Home / Writing Feedback / The future of our society is partly depended on the socialization of our children