Should gay marriage be allowed? The controversial topic.

sillyman2000 19 / 42 9  
Topic: The issue of gay marriage remains controversial. Some people think that this trend has adverse effects on the society while others believe that it is seen as a natural trend and right for people to choose this type of marriage. Should gay marriage be legal?

gay marriage causes a controversy among people

The topic of whether two people who have the same gender can be married arises a contentious debate among the public. Some people opine this tendency will result in a negative impact on the society whereas others claim that people should have the rights to choose their partner regardless of sex. In my opinion, governments should allow gay marriage.

There are several reasons why same-sex marriage should be available nowadays. First and foremost, this is the 21st century, which is known as an era of freedom. Therefore some social norms from the past can be irrelevant, such as there is only a romantic relationship between men and women, so people should not be too conservative about it. Secondly, legalizing homosexual marriage enables gay couples to live under one roof, so that they will be happier and they can be themselves without being someone else.

Furthermore, there are more cons than pros when banning gay marriage. If an individual cannot love their lover because he or she has the same sexual-orientation, then they will be forced to marry another sex partner whom they do not enjoy. Consequentially, gay people have an unhappy life, and it can suffer them and their unloved partner afterward. Another problem is that when homosexual marriage has not been officially recognized, gay people are still continued to be judged critically by the public. This act can lead gay people to depression and other mental issues, and even in the worst scenarios, they will choose death as a way to escape for themselves.

In conclusion, gay marriage causes a controversy among people these days. However, the act of legalizing identical sex marriage should be encouraged by the governments for wider benefits.
Junghakkyo 3 / 9 2  
Your arguments are well supported and answer the question clearly. I would just make a couple edits.

1. "... from the past may be irrelevant. For example, ... can only be a romantic relationship between a man and a woman. . . "

2. "... will be happier and not have to pretend to be someone else"

3. "and it can suffer them ..." -> "and it can make them and their unloved partner suffer later."
4. "gay people are still ..." -> "gay people continue to be judged
5. "This act can cause gay people to have depression. . ."
6. "... as a way to escape for themselves."

Hope this helps!

Home / Writing Feedback / Should gay marriage be allowed? The controversial topic.