IELTS; Gender equality should be exercised in universities?

jenny90 2 / 2  
Universities should accept equal numbers of male and female students in every subject. To what extent do you agree or disagree?

There is no doubt that men and women should be treated equally in modern world. While somebody believes that there should be the same numbers of male and female students in every subject in universities, I do not agree with this view.

The idea that universities should accept equal numbers of men and women in every discipline is right on some perspective. Firstly, males and females should have access to the same educational opportunities. Furthermore, it is wrong to discriminate against students because of their gender. For example, a male student should have a chance to study nursing or a female student could be a pilot one day.

On the other hand, I strongly argue that there should not have gender equality in every subject because of some reasons. To begin with, some major is more suitable for one sex than the other. For instance, women's characteristic is gentle and careful. So it is better for them to study some discipline like nursing and teaching. In contrast, men are interested in the subjects relating to technology just as computer science and mechanics. This leads to the different rates of males and females in several particular majors.

Besides, choosing which subject to learn is depending on everyone. The universities must not accept the equal percentages of both genders in every discipline while men do not want to study these subjects vice versa. For instance, we can not let the universities accept the equal numbers of both sexes in computing class because most of men like to study this major while women do not.

To sum up, the equality of two genders is good. But it is no need to let the universities only accept the equal percentages of male and female students in every discipline.

This is the first time I post in essay forum. Please give me your advices. I will take Ielts test in the next two months but my writing skill is quite bad. :(
orxan88 5 / 8 2  
It would not be practical to aim for equal proportions. For example, nursing courses tend to attract more female applicants, and it would be difficult to fill these courses if fifty per cent of the places needed to go to males.

Overall,your essay is good i think
There is no doubt that men and women should be treated equally in modern world .

.... Good opening. However, I feel they need fair treatment irrespective of which era they live in.
There is no doubt that men and women should be treated equally without discrimination based on gender.

While somebodysome people believebelieves that there should be the same numbers of male and female students in every subject in universities, I do not agree with this view.

.... you suddenly come up with this idea from the previous ... it's better you have a sentence in between to link the two;
However, when it comes to university admission, some people argue that universities should look into the qualifications of the students having a low consideration of gender representation. There are others who argue it should be based on accepting equal numbers of male and female students despite of students' credentials.

Home / Writing Feedback / IELTS; Gender equality should be exercised in universities?