Generation gap inevitably coexist with human life - IELTS Writing

phuuyenng 1 / -  

generational differences

The world is rapidly changing, which means that people born at different times would be impacted by the lifestyle of each period. That causes the generation gap, which is understood as the gap between different generations. It is not difficult for us to catch a generation gap between the old and the young in social life out there. Moreover, the generation gap also exists in our own home because of difficulty understanding, less communication, and differences in lifestyle.

Many factors result in generational differences. First of all, every person has significantly different opinions. Having more experiences, parents occasionally imposed their thought on children and supposed that was the right thing. Don't let the child express their opinion, which makes a risk of high misunderstanding.

Another serious factor is that they don't spend more family time with each other. Parents are working, children are at school and occupy with doing a huge amount of homework. At weekends, the teenager prefers hanging out with friends and getting a coffee than staying at home. According to the New York Post, American families get just 37 minutes of quality time per day, perhaps they just meet face-to-face at dinner time.

Finally, while the young are fond of eating fast food such as KFC, Burger King, Lotte, etc, the old lean towards healthy food. Another example is that the young love to mix and match on-trend clothes, whereas the old supposed that is an exotic style, they like wearing casual clothes than becoming a slave of fashion. Age differences make them have different perspectives as well as different lifestyles.

For these reasons, the generation gap will inevitably coexist with human life. To be more open, share opinions and respect each other is the golden key to get better mutual understood. The quality time also needs to be increased in our own families, especially in the hustle and bustle of life. The more communication we use, the smaller the generation gap will be.
There are two ways that this essay can be discussed. Since you did not provide the original prompt ( a requirement for anybody posting on this site who wants a comprehensive review of their essay), and there are 2 types of prompts available for this essay, it will be best if I do not focus on the content, lest I give you the wrong advice. I'll focus on your grammar issues instead. Kindly remember to provide the original prompt / discussion instructions next time.

With 40 minutes to:
- Outline the discussion
- Draft the discussion
- Edit / revise the discussion
- Finalize the copy

there is no way that you will be able to write 327 words, even in a type written setting. Do not focus on the word count. More words usually assure a failed essay due to improper focus on just showing off the vocabulary instead of creating a comprehensive discussion to the examiner. That is all I will say about the format of this essay. The word count is not appropriate for the provided writing time. Now, on to the other problems.

Avoid using word fillers like "First of all". There is no sense in using phrases or words that will not move your explanation or opinion forward. Also, if you insist on using the numerical listing, you need to count out everything. You can't say "First of all" then "Another serious factor", which leads to "finally". It should be "First, second, third or finally".

Remember that this is an academic essay. So contractions are a big no-no. It is never written using casual English spelling. Always use the formal presentation such as "Do not" instead of "don't". Descriptive adjectives will also help your essay score better in terms of LR representation and GRA presentations. For example, instead of saying "different times", you could opt to say, "various times", "separate times", or "contrasting times" instead. It is more imaginative and tells the examiner that you are capable of using intermediate level English words which can help boost your sentence format to the complex level.

Home / Writing Feedback / Generation gap inevitably coexist with human life - IELTS Writing