Good and bad impact of having a lot of TV channels

Ridma 1 / 3  
Some people say that having a lot of TV channels is good, while others argue that it reduces the quality of programmes. Discuss the both views and give your own opinion.

With the wide advancement of information technology, media also have been developing similarly. Among these electronic media televisions have gained big improvement and as a result of that a lot of TV channels are launched frequently. There are several disputes regarding having many TV channels as some are seen it positively while others think it reduces the quality of programmes.

Firstly, there are variety of TV channels such as commercial TV channels, educational TV channels like "Discovery" and sports TV channels like CSN. Having these TV channels are provided great selection of programmes to people. On the other hand, if they missed programmes like news from one channel, they can watch it another. Moreover lot of programmes and news are telecast by these channels with a great variety. Hence, people can gain vast amount of information and great deal of entertainment. Furthermore, a plenty of job opportunities are supplied through these channels and a lot of artists can present their creations conveniently than earlier.

Every coin has two sides, so in this case there are advantages as well as dis advantages too. The big competition between these channels is compelled to telecast any kind of programmes that can attract more spectators. Moreover, these channels are aimed commercial purposes in great extent. For instance, in Sri Lanka, lot of channels are telecast mega teledrammas and other recreational programmes of foreign countries without thinking impact on local culture and the system.They give job opportunities for less experienced people as necessity of big crew to run channels. A lot of commercial breaks are added during programmes and it harms not only for continuous flow of programmes but also enjoyment of viewers.

According to aforementioned facts, there are both positive and negative influences in having several number of TV channels. My personal view is that enforcing censorship laws reasonably and taxes, governments can control quality of TV programmes. In addition to that people also have responsibility to refuse unquality programmes.
Trias 23 / 41 14  
Hi, please find my feedback on your first paragraph below.

With the wide advancement of information technology, media also have been developing similarly. Among these electronic media televisions have gained big improvement and as a result of that a lot of TV channels are launched frequently.

Hand in hand with the vast improvement of technology, television broadcasting industry is also being enhanced. As one of the results, a lot of new television channels emerge in the market.

Good luck!
aseprudi 20 / 29 16  
Hallo Ridma,
Let me give you some advice with regard to your essay :

Firstly, there are variety of TV channels such as commercial TV channels, educational TV channels like "Discovery" and sports TV channels like CSN. Having these TV channels are provided great selection of programmes to people. On the other handHowever , if they missed programmes like news from one channel, they can watch it another. Moreover lot of programmes and news are telecast by these channels with a great variety. Hencetherefore , people can gain vast amount of information and great deal of entertainment. Furthermore, a plenty of job opportunities are supplied through these channels and a lot of artists can present their creations conveniently than earlier.

1. Based on grammar, there is no wrong in order to put "On the other hand" and "However". But in academic writing, the phrase "on the other hand" often put in the beginning of the paragraph; therefore I suggest you to change this phrase to "however" or "in contrast" or "In comparison".

2. The word "hence" is informal, it often uses in speaking. In academic writing, I suggest you to obey this word. It can be altered to "thus", "therefore"

Every coin has two sides, so in this case there are advantages as well as dis advantagesdisadvantages too

Good luck!
OP Ridma 1 / 3  
Thank you very much.

Home / Writing Feedback / Good and bad impact of having a lot of TV channels