ESSAY: Is there a good reason to be impolite (rude) to another person?

headshot0313 7 / 15 1  
IT IS A DIFFICULT TOPIC FOR ME, I MUST HAVE MADE MANY MISTAKES. PLEASE HELP ME ~
As courtesy becomes increasing important in recent years, debates have been raised among those who states that it is acceptable to show impoliteness for some reasons, and those who think that it is inappropriate to be rude to others no mater when it is. Personally I am the latter kind of person, for that in my view, bad manners really cause harm to our relationship with families and friends, our working efficiency, and the future of the political and business area.

When staying with families and friends, your impoliteness would really hurt others' feelings. These are people who you care about and who care about you. Those are the most important humans all your live, so don't use your rudeness to hurt their feelings and their love for you. Generation gap does exists between you and your parents that you may find problems when communicating with them. They might send you a ginger sweater as your birthday gift while you don't like this color at all and think this gift is terrible, or they may consider working in your hometown is the best choice while you just want to go outside and understand what the another world looks like. But your confliction doesn't show that you could be impolite to your parents, because it is only for your good that they consider these issues.

In addition, impoliteness might leave a bad impression on others in a work environment, that no one would be willing to work with rude dudes. Especially when handling stuffs in political and business areas, politicians and leaders should make positive and kind impressions on the public and staffs, since what they represent are not only themselves, but a company, a state, and even a country. What they represent is groups rather than individuals. The negotiation won't success if the two sides show rudeness to each other and alliance could not stay long if the two leaders lose their friend relations.

Isn't there any reason of abandoning showing tenderness? Of course the answer will be yes. It is not denied that holding a tough stance at times could let others know you are a person who is brave and cannot be humiliated. But it is not mean that rudeness is good, that to some degree the best way to show politeness and braveness is to be a gentle man of iron.

In sum, impoliteness would hurt people who you care about when you are with your families and friends, and can damage the future of the group in the work environment. Although sometimes abandoning being tender could be a brave movement, it is never a good reason to be rudeness.
ganesh_007b 1 / 8 1  
Those are the They are the....

The negotiation wont yield success if....
creepernaut 3 / 5  
You should look it over for awkward wording, and poor word choice.

Here are some examples.

your impoliteness would really hurt others

impolite behavior could hurt others.

manners really cause harm to our relationship with families and friends

manners harm relations with family and friends

Those are the most important humans all your live,

They are the most important people in your life.
OP headshot0313 7 / 15 1  
Thanks a lot, my chinglish is to severe, could you help me point out more such flaws ??

Thank you very much!
jasmine4ever 5 / 13 1  
Maybe you could explain the significance of the topic more because there were quite a lot of examples. I'm not saying that examples are bad but you should balance it out.
seeker194 1 / 10  
I just found some few mistakes. Here they are:

increasing important - increasingly important
who states that - who state that
no mater - no matter
When staying with families and friends,- When there are friends and family gatherings,
most important humans all your live,- most important people in your life,
your parents that you may- your parents so you may
while you don't like this color at all- while you dislike this colour
and understand what the another world looks like- and understand the wide range of opportunities of another world outside their small circle.

I hope these changes help you. Good Luck!
Pahan 1 / 1,906 553  
Those are the most important humans all your live, so don't use your rudeness to hurt their feelings and their love for you.

They are the most important people in your life, therefore you must not use rudeness with them and hurt their feelings.

This sentence seems as if you are talking with somebody... Which i must say is a little weird... :/

Home / Writing Feedback / ESSAY: Is there a good reason to be impolite (rude) to another person?