IELTS graph_crime in the UK in 2002.

princedynasty 15 / 57 4  
The charts below shows information on crime in the UK in 2002.
Write a report for the university lecturer describing the information below.

The charts provides an overview of crime situation in the UK in the year 2002.

The first graph presents the changes to the crime rate with regard to age of criminals. It could be clearly seen that people mainly committed crime between the ages of 12 and 28. There were no cases recorded in children from 0 to 8 years of age. Children aged 8 to 12 contributed to only 2% of the crime rate. By contrast, the rate for teenagers aged 16 surged steeply to 70%. It reached a peak at 80% when people were 20 years old. From 20 years old onwards, there was a sharp decrease in the percentage of criminals by 4 times to 20% for 28-year-old people, followed by a steady drop to 10% for the 60-year-old.

The second graph compares the proportion of 4 major types of property crime at the same period. Violent crime accounted for the biggest percentage at 46%, which was greater than the proportion of property (23%) and drug crime (22%) all together. Public crime was the least popular with the percentage of just under 10%.

Overall, young adults were most likely to commit crime and violent crime was the most popular type in the UK at that time.
phuongthao15389 4 / 9  

The first graph presents the changes to the crime rate with regard to age of criminals. It could be clearly seen that people mainly committed crime between the ages of 12 and 28. There were no cases recorded in children from 0 to 8 years of age. Children aged 8 to 12 contributed tomade up only 2% of the crime rate. By contrast, the rate for teenagers aged 16 surged steeply to 70%. It reached a peak at 80% when people were 20 years old. From 20 years old onwards, there was a sharp decrease in the percentage of criminals(offenders) by 4 times to 20% for 28-year-old people, followed by a steady drop to 10% for the 60-year-old.

The second graph compares the proportion of 4 major types of property crime at the same period. Violent crime accounted for the biggesthighest percentage at 46%, which was greater than the proportion of property (23%) and drugdrug-related crime (22%) all together. Public crime was the least popular with the percentage of just under 10%.

(The second graph compares the proportion of 4 major types of property crime at the same period. Violent crime accounted for approximately a half, which was greater than the percentage of property (23%) and drug-related crime (22%) all together. Constituting just under a tenth of total offenders, public crime was the least popular )

OP princedynasty 15 / 57 4  
Hi, Thank you Thao Nguyen. your correction imporves my paragraph interpretation very much.
But I think criminals has the same meaning as offenders
The 2nd paragraph now becomes much clearer and I can avoid repetition in structure.
Although we are both Vietnamese, in essayforum, it would be better for us to communicate in English, ok?
:D
phuongthao15389 4 / 9  
Hi Linh!

Of course! we should comunicate in English.

And I suggest you use " offenders" to avoid repetition. criminals is ok.

Home / Writing Feedback / IELTS graph_crime in the UK in 2002.