The graph: million tonnes of gods transported by road, water, rail and pipeline in the given country

meat0509 1 / 1  

Goods transported in the UK

The graph below shows the quantities of goods transported in the UK between 1974 and 2002 by four different modes of transport.

The graph displays a million tonnes of transported by road, water, rail, and pipeline in the given country from 1974 to 2002.

The quantity of both road and pipeline showed an upward trend throughout this period. The amount of transported by pipeline generally climb from 5 to 20 million tonnes. Following a similar trend, despite a few drops, road transported soar to the peak of 100 million tonnes in 2002.

In contrast, the amount of transport by water and rail had the opposite trend at the beginning. Interestingly, it both starts at 40 million tonnes, but people eventually used 65 million tonnes times of water in 2002. At last, the quantity of transported by rail end with the same point in the given year.

In sum, transported by road, water, and pipeline ballon, whereas the quantity of rail remained during the given period.

phmixu27 - / 4  
Hi, Firstly, you should ensure that your essay is enough required words. (at least 150 words)

1. The graph displays a million tonnes of ... -> Red is not right, it is a unit. my idea: the number of products transported by four means such as: road, water, rail and pipeline.

2. The quantity of both road and pipeline -> the quantity of goods or the quantity of road and pipeline? My idea: The quantity of goods using road and pipeline methods

3. The amount of transported by pipeline generally ???? For me, it is no meaning. Grammatical error: the amount of is used for uncountable noun. Goods is plural noun

If I am wrong, pleaase give me a feedback, I am glad and pleasure to know that. Sharing knowledge together.

Thanks
OP meat0509 1 / 1  
@phmixu27
This is my first time to practice IELTS writing test.
My grammar is awful. Thanks a lot for the feedback.
I hope you have a nice day:)

Home / Writing Feedback / The graph: million tonnes of gods transported by road, water, rail and pipeline in the given country