IELTS TASK 1 THE GRAPH SHOWS THE PERCENTAGE OF UK ADOLESCENTS FOLLOWING A VEGETARIAN DIET

shin122 2 / 4  
The chart describes the rate of Uk teenagers having a vegetarianism. As can be seen from the chart, the amount of young people in the Uk who choose to eat a vegetarian diet increased gradually from 1960 to 2020.

Between 1960 and 1980, the percentage of Uk adolescents following a diet without meat or fish rose dramatically, until 1980 it peaked at 16 per cent. Then, after declining sharply over the next fifteen years, it reached lowest point at 4 per cent. There was a slight rise, followed by a gradual dip until 2000. Since then, it has increased modestly over next ten years. It is predicted to level off thereafter.

Overall, the graph shows two main periods of interst in vegetarianism among young people in the UK : one peaking around 1980 and the second projected to peak approximately thirty years later , in 2012
Without seeing your graph it is difficult for us to comment on what you've written. Upload the graph every time you make posts on this task. However, I find your response is pretty strong and you follow an appropriate structure too. Had the graph been there I could have provided you with more meaningful feedback than this. :)
OP shin122 2 / 4  
thank you so much. But i cannot attach the chart and i donot know the reason. Can you give me some directions about it. I have just started learning Ielts so my writing is bad. hope you will help me in this. Can we become friend and exchange email :).
Just above the space (where you type your message) you get "Attach file(s)" . Click on that to upload your file that contains those images. It's good to have your graph side by side as Pahan suggests.

Also, your writing is pretty good.
Traveler 6 / 14 2  
Hi, your essay failed to reach 150 words, however with only one line in the graph it's difficult to write more than that! I suggest you to move the last sentence just after the introduction and to join it with the overview.

As can be seen from the chart, the amount of young people in the Uk who choose to eat a vegetarian diet increased gradually from 1960 to 2020.

I don't think you should use the past. You could say, for example: During this period of time, the proportion of UK teenagers who decided to follow a vegetarian diet increases.

Hope you find it useful.

Home / Writing Feedback / IELTS TASK 1 THE GRAPH SHOWS THE PERCENTAGE OF UK ADOLESCENTS FOLLOWING A VEGETARIAN DIET