What the graph shows, what is the type of graph shown? What is the data?

Ridho Kodel 3 / 7 2  
Hi, My name is Ridho. I'm doing self-study for IELTS test next year, thus I need your assistance badly.
This is my very first writing on analyzing a graph.

graph analysis task

Instruction:
1. What the graph shows
a. What is the type of graph shown?
b. What is the data?
c. What are the units of measurement?
d. is there a period of time?

Language:
a. Use the present simple
b. Write one (or two if you wish) sentences to indicate what the graph is about

My writing:

This line graph shows a Million of Dirhams Dubai Gold Sales in 2002. Reaching peak sale in the first three months sale, Dubai gold experiences a fluctuation sale over the following months. However, Dubai gold sales ends in the same rate in which it starts.

Ridho, you only wrote a summary overview in this essay. This is not the complete essay at all. I guess you are just trying to get your feet wet at this point so I will give you that. In the meantime, I will just respond to the questions that you have listed in your posting. I trust that you will be posting a more complete task 1 essay for review next time around.

The instructions you were provided were meant to assist you in learning how to write the summary overview. You did a pretty good job at that. The summarized information is complete and allows you to create a clear discussion outline for the upcoming paragraphs. A word of advice though, since the year indicated is one that has already passed, you will need to use past tense instead of present simple tenses.

I can't continue my review of your written work because you did not completely develop the essay for review. So, this is what you have to do next. Review the completed Task 1 essays at this forum in order to better understand the various methods of presenting the information. Learn from their mistakes. Then go and try to write your own complete Task 1 essay for review here. I assure you, you will get better and more complete help once you submit a full essay for review instead of just one paragraph that you wrote.

Home / Writing Feedback / What the graph shows, what is the type of graph shown? What is the data?