writing task 1-line graph : The graph below shows the amounts of waste produced by three companies

nagan123456 1 / -  
The given line graph depicts how much waste was produced by three different companies from 2000 to 2015.
Overall, it is clear that there was an upward trend in the amount of waste produced by company A and B, with the exception of company C decreasing.

According to the initial 5 year, company A started at the highest position, at 12 tons, then gradually dropped to about 11 tons, while company C which was the lowest company releasing waste had witnessed a sharp rise to over 6 tons in 2005. With the similar trend of company C, company B ranking the second also ascended rapidly to approximately 11 tons over a period of 5 year.

Regarding a decade later, although the amount of waste increased dramatically the previous period, company B underwent the same upward trend as company A which getting 3 tons and company A got 9 tons in 2015. In contrast, company C witnessed a significant soar of about 11 tons in the end of the period.

5 year

Be careful with your singular v. plural word usage. 5 is more than 1 and therefore, should be indicated in plural form. There should be a +S at the end of the word year (year+s).

Keep your discussion properly referenced. Use the chronological order of reference. There is no reason for you not to discuss the companies in a successive manner. The clarity of the discussion relies on the proper referencing or sequencing of information. Failure to do so will leave the readers confused and wondering about the appropriate next company information in the paragraph. This is something that you somewhat properly achieved in the last paragraph. That means you know how to properly discuss the information, you just got confused in the previous paragraph presentation.

Home / Writing Feedback / writing task 1-line graph : The graph below shows the amounts of waste produced by three companies