Home / Writing Feedback   % width NEW!

IELTS- High salaries of sportspeople ? How do you justify this?

dimash001 1 / -  
Hello people. I am going to take my ielts exam on the 3rds of december. Could you check my writing? thanks a lot. =)

Nowadays, the sport industry takes important place in the world. It has millions of followers, and it is translated by different kinds of media. Due to this famous sportspeople earn enormous salary. Some people tend to believe that it is fairly to have such salary for them. Although others argue that they do not deserve to be paid such amount of money. From my point of view, as people still willing to pay, it is equitable, however i think that salaries must be a littile bit declined.

First of all, the main reason why people against this issue is that, comparing with other crucial proffesions' salaries like nurse, surgeon, policeman and etc., it is unjustified to pay sportspeople more that 10 times than to these who provide vital service. For example soccer players earn about millions per month just by kicking the ball while teachers, making our children future earn about 700$. We could all live happily without football players. By analysing this question, I tend to think that governments should value and encourage proffesions such as nurses and teachers more highly.

But on the other hand, we should take into account that sportspeople's achievement reflects many years of their trainings. Also, not all of them become high paid. Only top players whom we see on tv, newspapers, magazines, have high salary. We should also note that most of them leave their sport carrier very early. At about 30-40 years old they become needless. As the consequence the high salary is partually justified.

In conclusion, essential proffesions should be valued higher, meanwhile the budget spent to sport industry is also fair, for the reason such as short carrier and big effort done by sportspeople.

Home / Writing Feedback / IELTS- High salaries of sportspeople ? How do you justify this?