Should high school students be encouraged to make comments or even criticism on their teachers?

erny2606 1 / -  
Many people argue that in order to improve educational quality, high school students are encouraged to make comments or even criticism on their teachers. Others think it will lead to loss of respect and discipline in the classroom.

Discuss both views and give your own opinion.

Essay:
People hold differing views about the merits and demerits of taking high school students' judgment to their classroom factors as a measure for educational development. While some believe that it might exert negative impacts for teachers to give youngsters rights to voice their thought, I would argue that the students' opinion brings explicit advantage to the quality-process of school.

On the one hand, there are several main reasons why it is argued that it is needless for educators to get assessments from high school students. The main justification behind this support is that the subjective feelings of students influence far more teachers than the improvement quality purposes. A female high schooler, for instance, might evaluate their professor's performance as poor just because of the old fashion style. Furthermore, some trouble-making students may put on a contributive front but inside they criticize their teachers, which poses a potential threat to the mentality of educators and their future lessons. It is usual in the classroom to cause animosity situations and this can be illustrated by the students, those who tend to be apathetic in class and always easily getting attention from their teacher because of their impishness.

On the other hand, I still hold the opinion that the encouragement of students valuating straightforwardly their instructors brings more benefits and should be prompted. The key explanation for my protest is that getting feedback from students is an authentic resource to hone the educational institution. It is crucial for teachers to listen attentively to their students both positive and negative thoughts and acknowledge the problems students facing. If a student complains about their teacher, that teacher will need to take it reconsidering, adjusting, and responding appropriately for their long-term career. Additionally, to those students who have attacked voice to their teacher, it is no more shortcut way than knowing the reason and find the solution for that. Aforementioned, teenage schoolers might tend to favor to the good-looking teachers with high fashion and deny the nostalgic one and this could be solved by an extracurricular lesson about fashion and respect to personal opinion of style. By extension, students' feedback is a lift for teachers to alter the flaws, adapt new modifications in their teaching path, and penetrate students better.

In conclusion, although people believe that getting student's feedback bear adverse effect, it seems to me that feedback for educator brings visible positive advantages for the mentioned reason above.
The first sentence of the paraphrase is confusing. I am sure that the sentence made complete sense as the student thought of it in his native tongue. Unfortunately, vernacular language never translates well, word for word, into English. The student will do well to get used to thinking and writing in English to better develop his language based thinking and writing skills. The actual presentation misses out on the proper restatement development. 3 sentences are needed to restate and state:

- POV 1
- POV 2
- Personal opinion

All 3 become the basis of the required 3 reasoning paragraph. The prompt restatement plus opinion paragraph is incomplete.

The general discussion does not use groups references to indicate the comparative and analytical sections/ paragraphs of the essay. The lack of proper pronoun references implies that all the opinion presented are strictly writer point of view based. The division and voice of . development is incorrect. The essay will still be considered for scoring. It may even get a passing score. However, this is not going to recieve more than average scores throughout because of missing writing elements related to the GRA scores.

Home / Writing Feedback / Should high school students be encouraged to make comments or even criticism on their teachers?