Should the high school students be strongly involved in a free community services or not?

at_first_it_was 1 / -  
The issue weather high school students should be highly involved in free community services or not is widely opened for debate and resolving this particular question is highly important as for the students as for society as a whole.

First of all, at first glance, it's pretty obvious that the positive outcome which could give student's work in community services is enormous and pretty hard to underestimate. The number of pupils studding in high schools is highly considerable even comparing to census of a whole country. Thus such amount of people working on unprofitable projects could change almost every bad aspect of that county for better.

Another thing which should be mentioned is that participating in such kind of activities may give a huge life experience for the students. For instance, working with people, facing with different aspects of life, all of these thing is very likely to meet by young people during their participation.

But from the other hand, if it is a part of school program, a lot of student may be just forced to work in community services completely against the will. It's a very important fact, that should be kept in mind, at this age people haven't formalized their minds yet as person, consequently they could not fully understand importance of this kind of work, and by forcing them do it against their will, some future discussion of community services could be set in their brains which afterwards could lead to serious consequences in future.

Thus, including community services in high students' program is very important as for students themselves as for whole community, participating in these service should be only volunteer, in my view.
pdeep37 6 / 13  
Dear,

you have not mentioned thesis statement in intro paragraph. What are you going to wright in body should be highlighted.
As far as thesis statements go, this one takes the cake for being the longest single sentence of them all. I do not mean that as a compliment. It seems that you forgot that the main purpose of the introductory paragraph is to help familiarize the reader regarding the topic for discussion, the discussion that is to follow, and your point of view. None of those where accurately represented in your first paragraph (also known as the introduction). There is a definite need to overhaul your first paragraph so that you can include these considerations in its development.

How can free labor be good for the community? Everyone knows that free labor means haphazard work. Specially when you have a group of teenagers performing the task against their will. Just because the school ordered them to commit community service does not mean the students will do it wholeheartedly. In fact, it could be the exact opposite for most of them. Don't you think that the students should get some sort of remuneration for their hard work as forced volunteers? Maybe free meals or something provided by the community? As far as life experience goes, it is one thing to allow the students to be exposed to this volunteer work, it is another thing to have them participate in it. While I agree that they will probably be helped by the life experience of doing community service, the main question should be, "Will it be safe for the students to participate in this?" We live in troubled times and high school students are part of our vulnerable population. Community service is often doen in the underprivileged communities where security cannot be assured for them. Is it really worth the risk?

I like your opposing paragraph though. It clearly explains that the students will not be doing this service of their own volition so the effect may not be the same for them. Now, about your closing paragraph, you were not supposed to present a new idea there such as your opinion. That should be a stand alone new paragraph while your conclusion should just summarize the discussion in closing. You'll need to develop a proper conclusion for your essay just as you need to develop a proper introduction for it.

Home / Writing Feedback / Should the high school students be strongly involved in a free community services or not?