'The house' - IELTS, A letter to ask your friend for help.

hadi1981 25 / 44  
You will move to a new city for work. You know some people who live there.
- Ask them for help finding accommodation
- Tell them where you would like to live
- Tell them the type of place you are looking for

Dear John,
I'll move to Latakia next month for work, would you please give me a hand to find a good house to be lived in?

It's good to be together in the same city again. Could you please find an appropriate house in the neighbourhood of my job? Or in the downtown district where I can found what I need, like DVD's shop, gym club and a park where I can relax sometimes.

I'm not worried about the house itself, all what I need is a flat rather than a house. So, a place with a bedroom is very good to me, a private bathroom must be included of course, in addition to a small kitchen if available and a sort of living room which is not necessary to be separated from the bedroom.

It will great to see you soon, so that we can get up to date with all our news.

Your help will be really appreciated.

Best wishes .
Hadi.
You start your letter asking help from your friend. I think it is better to be more polite and ask how he's doing before coming to your request for him.

Could you please find an appropriate house in the neighbourhood of my jobwork place ? ... you have to tell your friend where your office is located, otherwise he would not know.

Or in the downtown district where I can foundfind what I need, like DVD's shop, gym club and a park where I can relax sometimes.
inform 8 / 21  
( You started your letter by saying you need a house and then corrected that you actually need a flat. You can straight away start by saying that you are searching for a flat and need your help. Then you can describe the kind of flat your are looking for like a room with an attached bathroom , a small kitchen which would help you in cooking and an optional living room and then you can talk about the location of the flat convenient to you. In the end, you can describe that it would be good to see you soon and other details... YOu can also tell your friend to reply back soon and mention your phone number and ask for his phone number )

That's it. Keep it short.
IELTSPT 2 / 5  
I think you can say "Hugs" or "Big hugs" or "Kisses" instead of "Best wishes"

Best wishes is more used with relatives such as uncles, cousins, etc...
nina2 1 / 5  
your grammar needs to edited> in the first senence

Home / Writing Feedback / 'The house' - IELTS, A letter to ask your friend for help.