Illustration the process of making traditional wooden shoes called clogs

NgHH 1 / -  

how clogs are made

The diagram shows how traditional wooden shoes, known as clogs, are made. At the general glance, the process consists of six stages involving the manual rather than machine-driven, using special tools like the saw, axe together with main material, the poplar or willow wood.

The first stage, namely "Outlining", contains three small steps. At the beginning, poplar or willow is cut into pieces by saw. The next process is using an axe to chop the piece of wood whose size is in proportions to that of a clog. After that, a special knife is used to carve the clog-shaped pieces into a clog. Second stage, "Boring out shoe interior", unfinished-clogs are bored by a spoon drill to make a hole fitting with each customer foot. Finally, in the "Finishing" stage, the clogs are rubbed by sandpaper both inside and outside in order to make it smoother and less-rugged. Decorating these traditional wooden shoes will be an option for customers who want it.

The procedural report is short by one paragraph even as the word count was met. There should be 3 paragraphs present here since the manufacturing process is divided into 2 phases. Therefore:

1st paragraph = Summary + Trend
2nd paragraph= First 3 steps
3rd paragraph = Last 3 steps

The grouping is used to signify the start and end of the clog creation process. It makes the process clearer and easier to follow for the reader.

When summarizing the image information, there is no need to create a "machine driven" comparison since there is no reference to that in the reference/source image. The second sentence is actually confusing to read. The reference to machine creation threw off the sentence structure in terms of clarity.

Good job explaining the process. Though not grammatically perfect, the explanation can be understood by the reader. However, the paragraph should have been divided into 2 to properly represent the related movements.

Home / Writing Feedback / Illustration the process of making traditional wooden shoes called clogs