IELTS immigrants should adopt to local culture or establish a minority community

shaieli 1 / 1  
Topic: some people argue that immigrants should adopt the local culture when immigrating to a new country. An alternative view is that they can adapt to a new environment by establishing a minority community. Discuss these two views and give your opinion.

Globalization has incurred the high mobility of population from one country to another. Those new migrants are at a crossroad whether to blend themselves into the mainstream environment or to establish a ghetto which bears their own flavor. In this essay, the merits of these two options will be explored.

When an immigrant steps on a foreign land, the first priority is to seek a job to secure his survival. Immerging himself into local environment will enhance the employability. Although the majority of the migrants are well educated in their motherland, the level of their English remains the level of international English. They still have difficulties in comprehending the implied meanings of local residents. However, Frequent interactions with the local residents help newcomers learn more about the local values and thinking patterns, thus, expand the social network and increase the likelihood of being employed.

Blending into local society is not only conducive to maintain the competitive edge of immigrants, but also preserve the psychological wellbeing of them. Migrants tend to feel alienated if they are marginalized by the mainstream community. So many unintentional and unnecessary frictions or even conflicts that those migrants become depressed and unmotivated, which would exert a negative effect on their study or work.

However, setting up a minority group which only embraces people of the same nationality or even ethical backgrounds would boost the self- identity. Living in those ghettos, those immigrants feel at ease and a sense of belonging instead of being repelled. Through contacts with compatriots, those new comers could alleviate the depression that caused by cultural shock.

In a nutshell, integrating into local communities would secure an immigrant' employment and maintain the psychological well-being. Meanwhile, establishing a minority group would encourage them to retrieve self-identity and therefore, these two approached are advisable.
silkesha 4 / 24  
--However, f requent interactions with the local residents help newcomers learn more about the local values and thinking patterns, thus, expanding the social network and increasing the likelihood of being employed.

--Blending into local society is not only conducive to maintain the competitive edge of immigrants, but also to preserve the psychological wellbeing of them.
--Through contacts with compatriots, those new comers could alleviate the depression that caused by cultural shock.
--Living in those ghettos, those immigrants feel at ease and (add some word here like 'experience')a sense of belonging instead of being repelled.
--Meanwhile, establishing...these two approached are advisable.(approached?..I didn't quite get this)

Hey! I quite liked your points! I'd say...its kool !
OP shaieli 1 / 1  
sorry , it is "approaches". Thank you for your generous help! your positive comments inspire me a lot.

Home / Writing Feedback / IELTS immigrants should adopt to local culture or establish a minority community