IELTS WRITING TASK 2: THE IMPACT OF ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE - LIMITLESS POTENTIAL

Red Moon 14 / 32 6  

the potential of AI to benefit humans is limitless

Some people believe that developments in the field of artificial intelligence will have a positive impact on our lives in the near future. Others, by contrast, are worried that we are not prepared for a world in which computers are more intelligent than humans. Discuss both of these views and give your own opinion.

While it is believed that the increasing intelligence of machines will bring numerous benefits to our society in several decades, some people argue that it will do more harm than good. In my opinion, despite having some negative aspects, artificial intelligence will affect our lives in a positive way.

On the one hand, these disruptive technologies may negatively impact humans. It is argued that they will rob men of labor, and unemployment will rise. For example, thousands of people are out of work owing to the growing number of automated machines in manufacturing. More taxi drivers are also laid off since intelligent automobiles using the latest technology are able to drive themselves. Furthermore, if humans lost control over super-intelligent machines, the consequences would be devastating. Some autonomous weapons using AI may cause mass casualties if they are used carelessly.

On the other hand, it is undeniable that superhuman AI will be beneficial for our society. Modern convenience has enhanced efficiency in various fields from agriculture to education. In education, for instance, in remote areas where schools are few, students still get access to learning materials and personalized lessons with the help of virtual assistants. Also, more farmers are applying AI devices to monitor crops more effectively; therefore, there will be more agricultural products to meet the growing food demand. Moreover, although more repetitive low-skilled jobs are done by machines, intelligent technologies have generated more technical professions such as software developments and data analysts.

In conclusion, in spite of some doubts in the future of AI, I believe that the potential for it to benefit humans is limitless.
Thanhtam2412 2 / 3 1  
I'd like to point out some needed improvements:
-In "discussion both views and give your opinion" essay, we don't mention our opinion right at the opening paragraph, you can leave it till the end so that your conclusion paragraph would be longer.

-it should be "automatic" instead of "automated"
-you do have some points but they would be better grounded if the sentences' structures and vocabulary are more advanced.
Rich Monte 2 / 94 2  
You should include more research on the impact of AI / technology in schools (for example there was research that involved a college where all students received free laptops; in the end, their study scores were the same or lower than the colleges that did not use laptops). Plus common-sense thinking that all those monopolistic technology corporations want to have free customers by selling their technology to public schools that are subsidized by tax payers and local governments.

Home / Writing Feedback / IELTS WRITING TASK 2: THE IMPACT OF ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE - LIMITLESS POTENTIAL