TOEFL Essay: "Before an important exam, do you think it is better to prepare for ..."

zinboo 1 / -  
This is a first time I submit essay in the forum. Please correct it!!! I'm appreciate.

Before an important exam, do you think it is better to prepare for a long time or only for a few day? Give examples and reasons to support you argument.

Personally, I think that it is better to prepare an important exam for a long time. Indeed, important exam means that a lot of important knowledge is required and remember. Also, you have to get high score as much as you can in an important exam.

First of all, an important exam is required a lot of knowledge and skill. For example, TOEFL exam is required test-takers have to be good in many skills such as reading, listening, speaking and writing. So, there are many things that test-takers have to prepare before taking the exam. Because of this, preparing an exam for a long time will help test-takers remember many things as they can.

Secondly, when test-takers prepare the exam for a long time, they can understand more about knowledge is required in exam. For example, in the TOEFL exam, when test-takers take integrated writing session, they have to read and listen to get information for the question. So, to have a good integrated essay, test-takers have to be good in both reading and listening. Thus, test-takers are good in reading and listening at first and then they are combined it together in the integrated writing essay. It's definitely taken a long time to practice all of it. Hence, preparing for an important exam as long as you can that will help you do well in the test day.

Finally, when you practice or prepare for a long time in an important exam, it makes you more confident in the test day. As I say, if you practice many times for TOEFL in learning center, you will feel confident in the real test because you are familiar with the test. The result is you will get high score.

In sum, the long as you prepare for an important exam the much as thing you can remember. Preparing for a long time will make you more confident in the real test that will help you to get high score.
ah_zafari [Contributor] 40 / 672 148  

an introduction should include Motivator, thesis statement, your opinion, and blueprint. I think you should improve the structure of the introduction.

important exam means that a lot of important knowledge is required

;

an important exam is required a lot of knowledge

u repeated yourself in these sentences. Try to avid any repetition.

TOEFL exam is required test-takers have to be good in many skills such as reading, listening, speaking and writing.

Do not repeat the phrase "is required". In addition, the word "many" is not appropriate in the sentence because the TOEFL test just evaluates four English skills which are not many.

test-takers

repetition!! use synonym and try to express your ideas in various forms and use a wide range of vocabulary and sentence structures.

in the TOEFL exam

use another example since U mentioned this test in the previous paragraph. It seems you are talking about the TOEFL test instead of exams in general.

As I say, if you practice many times for TOEFL

again TOEFL test !!!!

Work on vocabulary and grammar. The structures of the sentences used in the essay were too simple and all of them were similar to each other. U should use a variety of grammatical structures and words.

Hope u find the comments helpful
Regards
Ahmad

Home / Writing Feedback / TOEFL Essay: "Before an important exam, do you think it is better to prepare for ..."