The most important traits required to achieve mastery.

pattrycja 1 / -  
The topic of the essay is as above.

Everybody wants to be admired, to be perfect and to be an example for others to follow, yet not all of us can achieve mastery. Why is it so?

I believe certain features of character are required to make our dreams possible to become reality. That would be for example an ability to self-motivate, which is forcing us to work systematically in order to accomplish some goal we set ourselves. Without it, no matter how hard one would want to reach one's aim, it will not be possible. Even if a person is given much talent, it does not mean becoming a master or being successful in any field, it only means that he or she has luck and ability to develop a little bit faster than others. Only talent, without hard work, will not give any reasons to be proud of oneself, and any grounds to be named a person of success or a master.

On the other hand, knowledge, but not intelligence, plays very important role in succeeding. Intelligence means that one is more likely to link facts, to think and learn faster, but does not provide useful skills or knowledge. An intelligent person has bigger potential, wider opportunities, but without working hard it means nothing but only large possibilities. If one focuses only on a set goal and does everything to achieve it, works hard all the time, devotes oneself and one's time to it, the border between where talented, intelligent person who treat achieving the goal more as entertainment than a lifetime task is, and where the hardworking one is will gratually vanish.

To think positively, to believe in oneslef, to gain connections and be lucky is also very important, because without aboves even the most diligent person will possibly give up.

Thank you in advance for help and corrections. :)

... Good start :)

I believe certain features of character are required to make our dreams possible to become reality.

I believe certain characteristics of ourselves are required for for us to make our dreams come true.

That would be for example an ability to self-motivate, which is forcing us to work systematically in order to accomplish some goal we set ourselves.

... you talk about an ability,but not a trait... trait is something like honesty, commitment, strong will, being responsible etc. I think you better give some thought about this matter.

Home / Writing Feedback / The most important traits required to achieve mastery.