IELTS Task 2: Increasing fuel price is best way to solve traffic.agree or disagree?

thakursajeeb 5 / 8  
Increasing the price of petrol is the best way to solve growing traffic and pollution problems. To what extent do you agree or disagree? What others measures do you think might be effective?

With the tremendous increment in numbers of private vehicles these days, traffic congestion and pollution has increased. Traffic congestion and pollution has become one of the biggest problem in urban areas which need to be addressed and solved as quickly as possible. Some people believe that increasing the price of petrol is the best way to solve growing traffic and pollution problem. I believe that this idea will bring certain changes to some extent but it is the obvious solution for the above problems.

First of all, it is important to find the root cause of the growing traffic and pollution problems, to solve it. One of the root cause for this is increasing numbers of private vehicles. Increasing price of petrol helps in limiting number of private vehicles to some extent but it will not be long lasting. Besides, rise in price of petroleum will have negative impacts in others fields as well. For instance price of foods, goods ,commodities will rise with increase in transportation cost. Government has to key role in controlling it. Government has to make strict rules and regulations on getting license and it can also impose higher tax on automobiles and spare parts to discourage the use of private vehicles.

Previously, public vehicles was only means of transportation that's why there was not much of traffic congestion as well as pollution. It is necessary to improve facilities on the existing public vehicles. Public transport should be made affordable, easily available and safe as especially female find it uncomfortable traveling in public vehicles alone. Proper training should be given to drivers and conductors especially about safe driving, where to pick up and drop the passangers and how to behave politely with them. Besides this, government should discourage the use of old vehicles lets say 20 years old vehicles as they emit more pollutant than new ones. And there must be the provision or certain standards about checking the emission of vehicles. If vehicle met that standard they should be encouraged to use and viceversa.

In a nutshell, it is not the best way to solve growing traffic and pollution by increasing fuel price as it will also affect other areas and it is better to improve public transport and encourage people to use it.
fikri 5 / 317 71  
Some people believe that increasing the price of petrol is the best way to solve growing traffic and pollution problem. I believe that this idea will bring certain changes to some extent but it is the obvious solution for the above problems.

i think, you need conjunction or connector between these sentences, so this will be more interesting and easier to understand

First of all, it is important to find the root cause of the growing traffic and pollution problems, to solve it.

actually, I'm confuse with this sentence

One of the root cause for this is increasing numbers of private vehicles.

one of the root cause what does it mean?
this is same as this phrase, one of students here,,,
so, if you put 'one of' then, you should put noun plural

Besides this, government should discourage the use of old vehicles lets say 20 years old vehicles as they emit more pollutant than new ones.

if you want to use 'besides' you should directly put a comma after that, different than 'beside' when you put 'beside' you could put a noun/nouns after that
First of all, it is important to find the root cause of the growing traffic and pollution problems in order (no comma) to solve it.

I believe that this idea will bring certain changes to some extent but it is the obvious solution for the above problems.

.... the first part is too vague :( what kind of changes? if you say that, then you need to elaborate. I feel it is better to do away with that phrase.

You can write very well. You have a good flow, vocabulary, ideas, clarity. Pay a little more attention to your essay structure to go for a real high band :)
tiaDS 73 / 235 52  
I like your introduction, because you have hook and you succed to make paraphrasing and mention key point. I have problem with my essay specially in intorduction please give me advise and share your knowledge. thank sajeeb.
I think i have try to follow the structure for introductory paragraph that you have posted in my other threads here.

That's why I said to pay only a little more attention :D Lol :D
Ok, let's take your first body para;

..it can also impose higher tax on automobiles and spare parts to discourage the use of private vehicles.

Here, what you should have done was to give the reasons to justify your position and then backed them with specific examples. (Generally I recommend one reason per para, but for this essay it is ok to have a couple of reasons in this para and then move into the other to talk about the measures.) Those are the little improvements I just mentioned :)

You write pretty good :)

Home / Writing Feedback / IELTS Task 2: Increasing fuel price is best way to solve traffic.agree or disagree?