International travel is extremely popular these days. What are the advantages and disadvantages?

huongnguyen2610 1 / -  

travelling around cultures

Nowadays, travelling around cultures has grown up dramatically, become a prevalent and publicly recognized phenomenon. Due to the rapid development, his trend is a combination of both positive outcomes and inconveniences consequences.

It is obvious that international travel brings great benefits to people. A very common gain of these circumtances is the contribution to the economy of the host country. Taking Ha Long for example, attracts 5.2 million tourists from overseas (2018) to contemplate the UNESCO World Heritage Site, which make it become a paradise of job opportunity for locals and also the tourist agencies. This scenario could also be favorable in terms of motivating cultural exchange. In this case, the travelers are unconsciously distributing their country's specific to the others and directly taking pleasure in another culture, which make cultural assimilation become much more easier.

However, this popularity could be detrimental in terms of environment. International travel in specific and tourism in general put enormous pressure on local land use for hotels and facilities, on the demand of water and food, which will lead to deforestation, soil erosion or natural habitat loss. Commercialization of culture is another dangerous possibility. In Sapa, Vietnam, many people cannot speak Vietnamese as they are ethnic minority but they are fluently in English to communicate with oversea tourists.

In conclusion, it is clear that while this development has brought some positive changes, it has also made society vulnerable to some unpleasant ones. If we are able to balance these influences, international travel will still be extremely, perfectly indispensable in our lives.
phong3baotap 7 / 19 4  
1) Due to the rapid development, this trend is ...

2) their country-specific to the others ...

3) And, last but not least, bringing hot issues into the essay will help it to be more vivid. For example, Covid-19 :)
Your essay contains researched information. That runs directly counter to the instruction that asks you to use personal experience and examples as a part of your reasoning paragraphs in this essay. You will never be asked nor allowed to use researched information during the actual test. You won't have access to the internet at the testing center. For this essay alone, I could already give it a failing mark in the TA section because you even included the year of the information that you used in the essay. That means you did not understand the task requirement of personal experience and examples discussion. Your discussion will be considered completely unrelated to the task and hence, get the lowest possible score for it. I cannot even continue to review the rest of the problems for this essay because it already made a mistake in the TA section. It is not going to achieve a 5 band mark because of that error.

Home / Writing Feedback / International travel is extremely popular these days. What are the advantages and disadvantages?