Job applicants'social skills are more important than academic qualifications

linhlimh 1 / -  

do you agree or disagree?

There is a common belief that workplace skills are more critical than academic degrees. To a certain extent, I agree with this opinion;however, I am also convinced that qualifications have a number of apparent merits.

It is undeniable that employees possessing practical and social skills are totally capable of having a great contribution to their companies. To begin with, workers having soft skills are conscious of treating their co-workers properly and aligning with company values and diversity issues. Consequently, they would cooperate in harmony with their counterparts, leading to team success for their organizations as opposed to individual success if there is an employee having great degrees and qualifications but dearth of social skills. Furthermore, people with practical skills are self-taught and have the ability to enhance themselves through hands-on experience. To illustrate, Bill Gates and Mark Zuckerburg, who are one of the most renowned people in the world. They dropped out of Havard and made a great accomplishment to the globe with their talent and patience.

On the other hand, I strongly believe that qualifications are crucial when seeking a job. First and foremost, there is a lack of time for employers to examine their employees' professions and personality. As a result, having an ideal educational background would help them to evaluate their workers. In addition, there might be discrimination among workers that do not have traditional academic background on the grounds that there are several people assessing others by their educational achievements in stead of workplace skills. They might think that non-degree employees are not trustworthy and unable to complete assignments.

In conclusion, there should be a balance between possessing qualifications and workplace skills to ensure the company's productivity.
Okay, there is one major reason why your essay cannot possibly receive a passing score. That is, your work is incorrectly formatted and therefore, unacceptable as a response. This is not a compare and contrast with extent response essay. This is just an agree or disagree discussion. So your immediate restatement may be correct and receive an appropriate score, but your writer's opinion will receive a failing score. Now, since your response paragraphs follow the incorrect discussion format, which runs counter to the original instructions for writing, the overall essay can only receive minimal scores for the remaining scoring considerations. It will already have failed in the task accuracy section, which, once you fail in the preliminary consdieration, will result in an overall failing score.
Ann17 2 / 4  
I'm not good at writing skill so I can give you an advice. When you take example about Bill Gates and Mark Zuckerbug, there are some points which are not accuracy. I read an exmaple about Bill Gates and Mark Zuckerbug, I believe that they are not only good at socical skills but also in their knowledge and major. Because when they can attend Harvard, it means they are very smart and talent. Havard is a school which has a lot of students who got an outstanding points in SAT. In this scholl, they just admit about 4%-6% of students who apply. I don't know exactly how many people apply it but I can say that there are a lot of people who apply in this school. Moreover, all of them have an impressive background so you can know that how brilliant Bill Gates and Mark Zuckerbug are. In addition, their parents have a lot of money and they let their children study in great school. Therefore, I think that their achievements are not made because of their social skills. They can success due to their knowledges, their talents and qualities in them. This is my advice. I'm not sure if they are right. If they can help you to improve your essay, it's very great. Good night.

Home / Writing Feedback / Job applicants'social skills are more important than academic qualifications